Direc Tv sent my account to collections, yet they cant tell me who they sent it to?
Back in October 2013 I had an account form DirecTv go delinquent. 180 days late they sent it to AFNI collection agency. Around March 2015 I started making payments to AFNI. Suddenly after making two payments to AFNI they stopped accepting my money and said it would be deleted from my credit report. This happen about June 2015 ( I still owed $350, but it was being deleted from my credit report because "It was a business decision we decided to make". In an attempt to keep the account form going back to collections, I paid directv a small payment monthly. Suddenly my online account was deactivated so I called to try and make a payment and they refused payment stating I had to deal with the collection agency, ye they cant tell me what collection agency is handling the account. They are telling me to call the CRAs. This just seems kinda silly to me, directv sold the account but they don't know who they sold it to? I called back today and paid $20 through the automated system and they accepted the payment, then talked to a representative, they are now saying they can accept payment but they still don't know who the collection agency is that is handling the account and again directed me to call the CRA's.. I just now pulled all 3 reports from annulcreditreprot. There is nothing on there from directv. How should I proceed? If I pay directv directly and the collection pops up a few weeks/months later, do you think I will be able to get it removed from my credit report?

I would do my best to get the full amount owed and call directTV and tell them that you want to pay it in full, they may accept it and hopefully doing so will prevent a collection from popping up on your reports. If you are unable to get the money together or if DirectTV is unwilling to accept it, then you are just going to have to wait until a collection company contacts you or places the account on your reports. I would start saving for this then as soon as the debt collector contacts you about the debt tell them that you will pay them in full at once if they agree to not place the account on your credit reports. If they place the account on your reports before contacting you, then you will want to contact them and try to get a "Pay For Delete Agreement" so do some reading about those. Good luck.