Question

65yearsyoung

Did not know that when capitol one would give me two hard inquiries just for applying online.
I was mailed a password and info to apply for a credit card twice and when I went to do that online like they said they dinged my credit and made it a hard inquiry, not right I don't think. I will never go with Capital One now in the future.

Capital One will do a hard inquiry on all three credit bureaus when you apply with them, some other credit card companies will only pull one credit bureau. So yes, it sucks that Capital One pulls all three bureaus leaving you with an added hard inquiry on each bureau, but that is how it is. Everytime you get a hard inquiry on your reports for applying for credit, your score will be dinged. The good news is that the ding isn't that bad and hard inquiries only remain on your reports for 2 years. In my opinion Capital One is a good company and I would not boycott them because of hard inquiries, hard inquiries are done by most creditors.