Question

cdemay1013

debt/credit ratio
Hi there-

Currently my credit is at a 540, I know my revolving credit has a lot to do with it. I am currently over the limit total because of a late payment on a store card making them chop my limit in pieces.

I am trying to make large payments on all of my cards currently. Applying about the same to each. Just wondering if that is the best approach or maybe I should make minimums on all but one and put a large sum down on one for one month until it is at about the 20% and continue to do that until each is paid down to a manageable amount.

Also, I had issues with my bank about 6 months ago that caused all of my credit cards to have late payments. And also, one of my oldest credit cards (a store card I got when i was 18) had a ton of delinquency on it from 3 years ago that is still showing. I was reading something about contacting your long term accounts that are now and have been in good standing to remove the past due payment remarks on your cbr? Has anyone had any success with this? And if they have, how would you go about doing so?