Creditor vs collection agency- who is responsible for reporting?
I have a card that is showing on my report as failure to pay since 2013. I have been with a debt reduction service since 2012. My DRS has been paying them $110/ month. About 8 months ago, I removed this specific card from my Debt reduction service. So I called the original creditor and they told me to talk to their "recovery" for debt settlement. I did. All went well and we settled for less than the full owed and automatic payments are being withdrawn from my account. However, my credit report is still showing the original Creditor reporting me as FAILURE TO PAY since 2013!! The collection agency is NOT ON my credit report, only original creditor. Im struggling to get my debt clear and learned a lot recently, so yes, the collection settlement was prob not a great idea... but.... any Suggestions? Do I call the ORIGINAL CREDITOR, dispute with All 3 credit unions or call the "recovery service" I settled with??