Question

KevinBoston

CreditKarma shows my student loan APR as 8.3%, but my student loans actually vary b/t 3%-7%. True?
Credit Karma showed what looked like a great offer through SoFi, and it anticipated that I would lower my monthly payment and actually pay less in interest, which all sounds great. But the calculation assumes an 8.3% APR on my student loans, when in actuality my loans (both federal and private) vary between 2.5% and 7%. Why does Credit Karma show 8.3% when the weighted average shouldn't be higher than the maximum % shown from Sallie Mae?

You'll need to ask support@creditkarma.com.