Question

Whong

credit score dropped with new car loan inquiry
I recently leased a new car in January and yesterday the car inquiry showed on credit karma, from that my score dropped 75 points! That seems like a high drop for a hard credit inquiry, is this normal? Prior to this my credit score was increasing to 725, making on time payments with my open credit cards.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

The loan itself...

It's not just the inquiry that lowered your score.  It's the loan as well.   Think of the score as a "quick, at a glance" indication of how much of a risk you are.  The lower the number, the higher the risk.

Basically, keep making on-time payments on the loan, and even pay 10% more if you can.  Don't forget about your other bills.  This will show you can pay your bills on time.  In a matter of 6-8 months, I would expect that you will get all of those points back PLUS more.

Good Luck!