Question

Gooji

Credit Score Ding for Checking My Credit Score Monthly
Usually, if you're credit report is accessed to check on your credit rating, I understand that this can negatively effect your credit score. Does checking my credit score, through Credit Karma, do this? Can it lower my credit score if I access it monthly?

Most Helpful Response

No, checking your own credit score on Credit Karma will not lower your score since the request is made by you. Credit Karma pulls a soft inquiry each time you get your score. Credit scores only fall if a hard inquiry is pulled (usually by lenders and banks).