Question

KeerstinM

credit score decrease again!!! when will it INCREASE?
in April of 2013 i financed my first car, starting with zero credit. never missed a payment or had a late payment, i sold my car on December 13th of 2013 and paid it off completely. at this time my credit score was at 678. i also had absolutely no "debit" or loans or even "files" anywhere. my bank then told me i needed a credit card to increase my credit score. they said i needed a "variety" of credit lines. i applied for a Americas Tire credit card with a $500 limit. around the same time, i applied for and received a credit card through my bank with a $500 limit. by the end of December my score had dropped 18 POINTS on CK. it says i have a $500 card through blah blah blah (Americas tire). this is the only thing that has reflected on Credit Karma. nothing else has changed according to CK. paying off my car loan still hasn't been reflected nor has my visa value from my bank. a week ago i applied for financing on another vehicle, and today i log in to see my score go DOWN another 5 points?? when does this stop??? this 5 point decrease was from a hard inquiry from the car lot i had applied at. they approved a loan and if everything goes as planned i will be making payments on a new car.

my questions are-- when the harsh decreases?

with the new car loan, how long until my credit will rise again?

thanks in advance.