Question

rider108

Credit score 709/668. No cards but have Auto loan.No lates/collections.Best card to go for?
Current credit score 709/668. I want to apply for a credit card now but want to avoid getting declined. Last time I was declined a couple of years back was because of thin credit history. But now I have the auto loan (got interest free at dealer on new car a year ago) with no late payments on anything. 2 hard inquires that will drop in October. One was Compass Bank (declined) and the other was the PayPal card (also declined!). But back then I still had an old collection hit that has since completely dropped off and my score has improved significantly. What would be the best card to apply for and most likely to get approved based on the above?

If you have not had any credit cards, you may need to start with a secured card and, after several months of smart usage, you will be able to get a regular credit card.  Why that is so is explained very well in the articles on this site.  I found them very helpful and now have very good credit.