Question

newbie323

Credit karma asked me about a mortgage and a car loan from 2010 I didn't do this. Victim of fraud?
When I set up my account to see my credit score from credit karma the website asked me questions regarding a mortgage and a car loan in 2010 that I have no knowledge of. Does this mean that I am a victim of credit fraud? I need help fast to fix this if my information has been stolen.

Most Helpful Response

Not always

They were looking for the NO answer.  If you answered yes, they would have assumed that it was someone trying to create an account but not having correct info.  If the account was created, Then you answered the question correctly. 

But if you see other info on CK that you aren't sure of be sure to pursue correcting it. If you haven't done it lately check your credit report just to make sure that your info is up to date and correct.  There are estimates that up to 73% of credit reports have some kind of wrong info on them.  It's up to you to know whats on it and that its all correct.

Me too

Me too and I dont know if thats true or not or if someone stole my identity