Question

ilovetwilightseries

Credit inquiries
How long do hard credit inquiries influence your credit score. I had a credit score of 798 which was rated as very good. I bought a vehicle and the darn dealership sent my application to numerous loaning institutions, therefore causing about 12 hard inquiries on my credit. It lowered my score all the way to 744 which is only rated as good. I want to get it back up where it was.

Most Helpful Response

found the following

"These hard inquiries will remain on your credit reports for 24 months. The silver lining is that they will only count against your credit scores for the first 12 months. After that, they will be there for another 12 months but won’t have any impact on your scores."

from

http://www.credit.com/rs/vol17.jsp