Complicated Q regarding bankruptcy and a foreclosure...divorce
I married young...and was dumb. Anyways, I signed off on the deed to our joint home because my lawyer told me I had to. I was still on the mortgage. (yeah...) Anyways, she stopped paying and I filed bankruptcy. My report shows that the mortgage debt was forgiven in the bankruptcy. My bankruptcy lawyer said since I filed before the foreclosure, that the foreclosure would not include my name. I'm not buying it. I'm trying to rebuild my credit and wonder if it is realistic me and my wife will be able to buy a house 5 years post this bankruptcy. My questions are :

#1. If I filed for bankruptcy before the foreclosure and I was not on the deed, will it be considered a foreclosure still in a lender's eyes?
#2. If so, will me and my new wife be able to purchase a home 5 years post this? Considering my credit score continues to improve and we continue with solid employment and high income and down payment.

Thanks for any info. This has been an eye opener to say the least and I appreciate any advice. Yes, I was 22 and dumb, but I have learned my lessons.