Question

Carloanneedhelp

Car Loan-ruined my credit as co-owner. Notarized letter help remove from report?
I was married when signed as co-owner to a car in which my husband took care of all payments after our divorce. I have a notarized copy of a statement from him stating that he has been sole payee on the car. After our divorce, he paid off the car, eventually, after making 46 late payments and ruining my credit score. Is the notarized paper from him a help to use to get the car off my credit report? (I had to use the notarized letter for another reason)

You can try it and hope they take pity on you, but I doubt if you have any luck.  You co-signed, so you're just as liable as he was.  Divorce doesn't matter when it comes to financial obligations.  The creditor gave the loan on the basis of both incomes, so if one person wants out, the other person has to re-finance the note (or mortgage or whatever) in their name only, otherwise both spouses are liable, regardless of what the divorce decree says.  Sorry!