Capital One closed my credit card without notice
I have had this card for approximately three years, used it regularly with relatively small amounts that were usually paid off within one or two billing cycles. I never paid late, and always more than the minimum balance, and my credit line had slowly increased. At the beginning of the summer I made a bigger purchase than usual, to pay for college classes, and again paid way more than the minimum and on time, then paid it off. Then at the beginning of October I purchased three airline tickets, which brought me close to the credit limit by amount $300, but not over. And by the way the transaction was not denied or nether I was notified and asked of any suspicious activity. I begun to pay off the amount within a week with amounts between $100 and $500. Three weeks alter I received a letter in the mail stating that my account was closed due to the recent suspicious activity. I immediately called and I was basically told that my spending behavior is not good enough for Capital One. I tried to argue that I never had a late payment and that I always paid off my balances, I asked o to talk to a supervisor or manager and I was told that I could not appeal the decision. Needless to say, after the account was closed my credit score , that I had worked so hard in raising, went down. As anyone had this happing with Capital One or other cards? Is there anything that can be done to reopen this account, or to expose the company?

Most Helpful Response

google capital one CEO email.  I would send him a email and expain just like you did here,  More then likly you will get a call from someone and you should at least get a chance.  Wishing you luck.

As Johnnybinsea said, contact the CEO's office. This is ridiculous. I never thought that Capital One would do something like that. If they do not make this right for you I would spend as much time as I had to write reviews across the internet about this experience. I wish you luck with this.

Credit card companies have been burned in the past by people defaulting on payments, filing bankruptcy etc. They're watching spending habits now and where you spend your money. I've heard American Express will lower the credit limit or close your account if they see consistent spending at casinos and the like. I'm guessing the airline ticket purchase scared them since you state you came within $300 of your limit. You can certainly try pleading your case with Capital One.  As a rule, you should never charge more than 10% of your credit limit for future reference.