Question

TXscout

Can I file for bankruptcy while on disability?
I was working and made good money for years and had a good credit rating. I began to be let go over a series of jobs because of the disability and my rating plummeted in the time I was off work and before receiving any disability. I'm also single.

Now my credit is poor and I can not get a credit card at all. Very difficult to get any even for emergencies with a poor rating.

I want to know if there is a way to file and whether it is worth it. I would like to raise the score even if I don't get a credit card.