Question

mannymotor1

can a company put a hard inquiry even if I didn't apply for credit
how can I get those hard inquiries that I didn't authorize off my credit report'

Most Helpful Response

Hard enquiry without your application?

I don't know how this could be possible. If you are sure that you haven't applied for any credit from those companies, then there is only one reason I see: IDENTITY THEFT. Check your credit reports, mark all the hard enquiries that are not made by you, and then get to the bureaus. Depending upon whether it's really an identity theft or not, next steps should shape. However, first make 100% sure that these enquiries are not by you (try to remember real hard).