Question

im409gal

Can a company put a collection on your credit after 7 years??
My daughter signed up for John Robert Powers Modeling Agency. Contract was signed, made first payment and second. Something happened at the bank that made the first payment come back. Paid immediately. Man called from different company, very rude and abusive. Wanted money from check. Advised already had paid, but he wanted it again. Then refused for my daughter to attend and refused all my payments, and reversed them. He even went as far to call my husband in CA and very abusive to him, husband offered to pay, he refused. NOW, 7 years later it shows up on my credit, as a collection. Can this be done 7 years later and his refusal to take payments to make it a broken contract etc?