Question

dev1142

Can a charge off dropped after 7 years change to collection?
I had a charge off on my account from 2011 that I was unaware of until recently. If I let this account fall off my credit report without paying the full amount, can it be reported after the 7 years as a collection?

No. Collections can only report as long as the original account would be allowed to report. The seven years for anything regarding the account at hand began at the DOFD (date of first delinquency) on the original account. This date is usually one month after you made the last payment on the account before the account became charged off.

dev1142

Thank you!