Question

stonesales

Building credit with a short sale on my record
I had to short sell a property last year. I drive a company car, so no car insurance or car note and have no credit cards. The mortgage on our home is in my husbands name. How can I build my credit?

Most Helpful Response

Get yourself a credit builder loan from your credit union/bank (mostly credit unions do this) and/or a secured credit card (visit www.creditcards.org for good comparisons).  Does your husband have any good credit card accounts?  If so, he can call the card holders and ask that you be added as an "authorized user" and all the credit (with old history) will appear on your credit report.  When you are an authorized user you don't need access to the account, so if he's the fretful type assure him that you don't need to know the card number or anything (and the full account number won't show up on your report), so there's no way you can run up charges.  Visit www.credit.about.com for more info on how to build your credit.  Best of luck!

Great info!

Thanks so much for the very helpful response!