Question

nicveraz

Bill in collection due to ex wife: can I still pay the debtor?
My ex wife took our doctor to the hospital, but never told me of any existing bill. She ignored all the billing statements, while she is supposed to pay 50% of our child's medical bills. Meanwhile, I received none of the statements. The biLL is now in collection. Since I contend that I was never aware of the debt, I believe I should be allowed to only pay the hospital, no the collection agency. The issue is that, while the hospital claims that they never had my personal information, the collection agency had no issue finding it. What is my recourse?