Question

MidnightCow

Approved for the 99/$500 BOA Card. BK dismissed 3/12. Other credit cards would I be approved for?
I'm looking to rebuild my credit and to keep my usage under $35%
I just got an approval for the 99/$500 card from BOA but I would like to establish available credit to a total of $1000.
I really wanted to establish credit with BOA because I've banked with them for years and figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to establish a credit history with them either. (I was a bit disappointed that I had to go secured).

Its been 3 years since my BK was dismissed and 4 years in 6 months. My credit scores are 674 & 684 and rising monthly. Now that I have this card, I was wondering what the next best card might be to get:
1) I don't want to put down another security deposit
2) prefer if there was no annual fee
3) Would it be better to wait for my 4th year after BK?
4) should I apply for a "store card?"

Thank you

Most Helpful Response

It looks like you are on the right track.  Have you looked at Capital One Pre-qual?  I think that you would get a card from them.  Even if you have burned them they are by far the most forgiving. 

After six months I would look at other pre-qual sites like Chase, Amex.  After a year I would look to get a Barclayscard.  Dont look at Discover pre-qual site because it says everyone would get there card and you may be just wasting a hardpull.

If you included Chase and Amex in BK dont apply.  They have very long memorys.  If you did include Amex and you pay them back they will respond with the Optima card.  A nice way to get back in with them.