Question

thenorwegian

Applied for a mortgage. My KC score was off by 90 points from bank. What does KC score matter?
On KC, I had an excellent score but found that my score for mortgage purposes was 90 points lower.

Since they are so far apart, what does the score I see on KC mean to me and what does it matter? I can't use it to apply for loans.

I have read many explanations on this site, thank you very much. But you miss the point of the question.  Why should I bother keeping up with my KC score when it is not indicative of any loan application results?  This score was meaningless when I applied for a mortgage.

You've been on this website for a year and yet you haven't read this info, which is right beneath your credit scores.  Read!!!  Click on the link that says Learn more about different credit scores.  If you still have questions, visit www.myfico.com.

TransUnion® New Account Score. This score ranges from 300 to 850. It's calculated by TransUnion, one of the three major credit bureaus. The New Account Score is used by lenders to assess your creditworthiness, or the likelihood that you'll repay your debts. Learn more about different credit scores.