Question

AmandaNicole777

Anyone have advice on a collection account being reported for a second time??
I first noticed a delinquent verizon account last year from 4 years ago reporting to my credit as a collection and disputed it right away with the CB's . They reported back to me 30 days later that they had the account closed, show it raised my credit obviously and showed as a closed account on my report. After that , i started receiving calls from collections agencies , whom i told the same thing, this is not my account i never opened a verizon account ( too expensive for my tastes lol) . They would still offer payment arrangements, and i would decline as i am not going to pay for something i didnt open. The most recent experience i had, the guy who called me first was reluctant to provide me his name until i mentioned that he has to provide it to me. He then told me that i had to pay it, and offered to make an arrangment, which i again declined explaining that ive disputed this item , i have no knowledge of the account, and its showing as closed. He said he would update it as a dispute then and provided me next steps to stop the calls etc. A day or two later i get another call from the same company, a woman this time, saying my account was updated as "i would call back" but when i told her what the previous rep said he would do, she apologized and said she would do it for me , and provided me with the same steps he did. 2 weeks later (today) i notice on my credit report that the company has opened a NEW collection flagged account on my report stating delinquent as of last month. Is this right?? can they report a second collection for the same account that shows as closed? Who do i call? what do i do? Does this start the 7 years all over?

HELP!!

First, it does not start the 7 year reporting time over. Second, stop talking to any of them that call and do not provide them with any information except for the account is not yours. So basically you are saying that you currently have 2 collection accounts on your report regarding the Verizon account. If this is the case, you are being double dinged and that is illegal. If the original Verizon account was truly not yours, call a consumer law attorney right away and get ready to start suing and putting some money in your pocket. Kimmel and Silverman law firm would be a great place to call if they practice in your state. If the Verizon account was yours, then just dispute the first collection for it with the credit bureaus and offer the new collection company a "pay for delete offer" (they agree to remove the account in exchange for your payment. Under no circumstances lie if this account was actually yours, because if you do you will be in a heap of trouble and may end up with heavy fines or jail time.