Question

okifrenchy

An alien from Canada is using my physical address to apply for credit cards. what should i do?
There is a guy from Nigeria, I believe, who is applying for credit cards at different banks, using my physical address. I did my research and the guy is living Canada.

What should I do about it?
Already told my bank, they checked, and said I should simply inform the credit company from whom I received letters of denial to credit application.
I am assuming that as long as the stranger does not use my name, it will be ok.
Still, I get a credit application from banks in the mail every other month, and it makes me very uneasy.
Thanks for your help.
Matthieu

If you are only getting cvredit applications, there is an address and/or phone number at the bottom of the application so that you can "opt out" of receiving said applications.  Also, be sure to annually check all three credit reports to make sure there are no applications being submited in your name. If so, file disputes immediately.