Advice for getting approved for Chase Sapphire?
I have some questions for SD'er credit card experts if anyone can help me out:

I have been in the United States for 9 months on a work visa and am trying to eventually get a Chase Sapphire card. I got rejected on my first & second attempt because I don't have enough trade. I am wondering if a Chase Freedom Unlimited card is any easier to get approved for? I don't want to keep applying for cards and getting rejected, that might negatively effect my score in the future.

I have one american credit card that doesn't really have any good benefits and good credit (~720 credit score) but only been building credit for ~8 months. Is there any other good cards with good rewards/benefits that I should look into that I can get approved for? My understanding is I need more credit cards to build "trade" so I can eventually get a Chase Sapphire card but at the same time I don't want to open too many credit cards because I heard Chase is more likely to reject your application if you open too many credit cards.

Credit Karma recommends the following as "Very Good" chances of getting approved:
Citi® Double Cash Card
BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®

Any insight or advice would be great, thanks!

The Capital One Quicksilver (not Quicksilver One) is a very good card--1.5% cash back on every purchase, and you can redeem your rewards dollars throughout the month in whatever increments you want (you don't have to wait until you have at least $25 like you do with some cards).  I was approved for a $10K limit with very few other trade lines and a short history, but low utilization and perfect payment history. This was shortly after being rejected for the Chase Freedom. About six months after getting the Quicksilver I was finally approved for Chase Freedom, and I was pre-qualified for the Sapphire as well. Sounds like your score isn't the problem (mine was 690 when I got the Chase), but rather the short history and limited number of open trade lines.

Slow down. You are not going to get top of the line cards with only 8 months of credit history. You will have to put this off for quite a while. Get yourself another basic credit card from Capital One and in 6 months or so try to step up to the next level. It takes time, Chase Sapphire will take a while. Employment and length of time with current employer can play a role in approvals as well. Take your time and do some thorough reading and remember that you cannot start at the top.

I agree with TryingToUnderstand's advice.

Also be aware since this website uses a different scoring syste, one can be offered cards and loans which people won't actually qualify for. If you're set on trying to obtain the Chase Sapphire Preferred or any Chase card ; you can go directly to the Chase website and look for pre-qualification offers.  You'll be asked for your name, address, and the last four numbers of your social security number. It will be a soft inquiry.  You can also type in a search engine; Chase credit card prequalification.  You will then need to fill out an actual application which will result in a hard inquiry.

I started with the old Chase Freedom, and when my credit score was higher, had made all payments on time, and kept my utilization down - I was finally approved for more of their cards.