Question

ibroughtcookies

Actual impact of disability discharged federal student loans on FICO/FAKO scores?
My loans aren't behind or late in any way, unlike the other similar questions I've seen, so there is nothing ' negative' that I need deleted. Unless of course, having the student loans discharged is itself a 'negative.' Is there a way to tell if there will be anything besides a change in my overall debt/income utilization ratios when the discharged loans are reflected on my report?

Based on what I personally experienced and what others on a different credit board mentioned the effect varies. For me there was almost a 90 point jump and I figure it was because debt to income ratio chaged drastically and Nelnet was already my provider so my account didn't have to be transferred. The status of both loans is just PAID.

Others have noticed drastic drops in their scores because their accounts were listed as TRANSFERRED when they were sent to NELNET which factors in negativately in the FICO althorigham.

Veterans on the other hand have stated that since they don't have the 3 year waiting period their loans aren't sent to NELNET so all of their late payments still factor in to their scores.