Question

here2clearmydebt

A judgment won against an old debt.
I recently received a letter from the Marshall's stating they are sending a letter to my employer for a judgment that was entered against me. They threaten to garnish my wages and have started the process by sending the paperwork to my employer. I didn’t receive anything in the mail until last month when the Marshall's stated I have to arrange payments. The letter states there was a judgment entered in 2009 in Upstate New York (I’ve reside in NYC for 16 years) and won by default. The debt collector is trying to collect and I don’t know what to do. I was informed that I need to get assistance from Upstate NY because the judgment was entered there. Because the debt is so old, I am trying to fight it because I can’t afford it and I believe the statute of limitation on the debt has expired (the original debt was from 2002 in California).
I contacted the original credit card holder and was informed the debt was sold to a debt collector. The debt was sold 3 times and the last place that had the debt went out of business. I would like to know if there’s any way I can get information on a debt that was from 2002 (15 years ago). Who do I contact to get the original information on the debt with the Date of First Delinquency (DOFD)? Also who and how do I request 609a of the Fair Trade Commission Act to have the debt collector validate the debt? Is it possible that I would get any information from the debt collector because the judgment is not listed on my credit report?
If possible, can someone help me with the steps of trying to win this case? Any information would help.
-Thanks