Question

mike3288

A few student loans back several years went 60 days past due, how can I fix this? I pay my bills.
Several years back I had a few student loans that I went past due on up to 60 days. I was young, dumb, and wasn't thinking about what it would do to my credit. Well it caught up with me, and now I am trying to fix it because my credit score isn't the best. I pay all my bills on time, and have actually decrease my debt to a car payment, & dental bill over the last year. I am a hard worker, and have been paying the student loans consistently if they are not in deferment. I understand they cannot remove the bad months from the credit report because that is illegal but I have read about a good will adjustment where they can not report those bad months which is legal. I tried that route, and they basically shoved it right back in my face. It was my mistake but I am trying to make it right. I need my credit score back to normal. I just don't know where to go at this point.

Those old late payments are NOT affecting your credit score.  Late payments only count if they are within 2 years old, otherwise they look ugly, but do NOT impact your score.  There must be other reasons for your score to be low.  Also, have you checked into consolidating your loans?  There are some great income-based plans that may ease your burden.  Call Crest at 469-619-0644, no cost to find out.

mike3288

I have student loans out but as I said those are either paid on time or in deferement. Other than that I do not have many loans out just the vehicle and a dental loan. So i'm not sure consolidating that small of loans ($6500 & $1300) would even be worth it. The interest on both is very very small. The only other possible idea is that those 30-60 days they flagged as "delinquent" which i've went back and fourth with them because I never saw a letter saying that it came out of deferement but they was 5 years ago.