Question

lori12844

a credit inquiry shows on my report from a company i never had any dealings with. what can i do?
this credit inquiry was a "hard" inquiry and lowered my score. I have not applied for any credit and this was from a financial firm. I have no idea why they would do a credit inquiry on me.

Most Helpful Response

You need to contact that financial firm and find out why. Disputing it thru Credit Bureaus usually won't yield any fruit, as they were the ones granting the request, so it's very unlikely they gonna turn around now and say "ooopsy" and remove it just because you dispute it.