Question

madmermaid

A closed (revoked) credit card with a $5k balance remaining: how does it affect credit score?
This card was revoked 14 months ago and it (obviously) caused my credit score to plummet.

I'm trying to decide what I should pay off first: my four other credit cards with lower balances (500, 1000, 2200, 3000) or the revoked one (5000). I'd prefer to pay in order of smallest to largest since it seems like it would be easier and more psychologically rewarding (the snowball effect), UNLESS it is hurting me to simply have a balance remain on a closed credit card for years.

Would it make any difference in my score/creditworthiness if I paid off the revoked card earlier vs. if I concentrated on the other cards first?