Question

jhollett

718 credit score, keep getting rejected for creidt cards!
I have what looks like a good credit score but I keep getting rejected for credit cards. Last time it said that I'd been rejected within the last 6 months so I was getting rejected again. If I get rejected from a Chase card can I apply for another kind of card? I'm so frustrated I'm only building credit off of a small car loan right now that I pay promptly every month but I would like a card so I can build credit that way as well. Also, what card should I apply for with a 718 credit score! Thank you.

Most Helpful Response

Chase is quite difficult to get approved for. Last year I had a credit score of 736 on Credit Karma and a credit card utilization of 32% which I thought was good but I was denied credit through them twice when i tried to apply. I would suggest applying at Orchard Bank or Capital One instead as they are more friendly at granting credit. They also have links on their websites that will check what you could already be pre-qualified for.

Your Debt to Income Ratio may be the proplem

i have scool loans but they are deferred does it still count towards my score even though im not making payments

tg101688,

Student loans count on your credit. They will actually report them as being on time (due to deferment.) I have student loans which are deferred as well, and they are all showing as being on time. So, they should actually help credit, unless you have no other credit to speak of, or no income.