2 credit-reference agencies are unable to confirm my identity?
I migrated to the US at the end of 2010. I received my SSN in mid 2011 and soon after got a Capitol One CC, which i have been using without issue since then.

I recently decided I needed to do more to build up my credit score, so I applied to a couple of different places. They both used different credit reference agencies (equifax was one) and both said they couldn't offer me a card because they couldn't verify my ID.

I logged into Credit Karma and it immediately picked up my score and history accurately. How can I rectify this without jumping through a million hoops? Does it just take time to filter through or do i have to actively speak to both agencies?