The average YouTuber makes $0.018 per view, according to Influencer Marketing Hub. That equates to about $18 for every 1,000 ad views. In this article, we’ll review the average YouTube pay rate and tips for creating a successful YouTube channel.
In this article, we’ll review the average YouTube pay rate and tips for creating a successful YouTube channel.
- How much do YouTubers make per view?
- How much do YouTubers make every 1,000 views?
- How many views do YouTubers need to get paid?
- What other ways do YouTubers make money?
- Who are the top paid YouTubers?
- More FAQs about how much YouTubers make
How much do YouTubers make per view?
What impacts YouTube revenue
Curious about how much money YouTubers make per view? YouTubers make an average of $0.018 per ad view, according to Influencer Market Hub. Rates can range from $0.10 to $0.30 per ad view.
However, the amount of money YouTube pays depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- The number of views your video receives
- The number of clicks an ad receives
- Ad quality
- Ad blockers
- Video length
How much money do YouTubers make every 1,000 views?
Creating a YouTube channel can be a great side gig, especially if you produce engaging content that attracts a large audience. However, getting to that point can be tough work.
Allowing advertisers to run ads on your channel through Google Adsense could be a way to monetize your YouTube content. According to Google, the rates an advertiser pays can vary. Influencer Marketing Hub says they tend to pay between $0.10 and $0.30 per view, which usually averages out to $0.018 per ad view. So for a video with 1,000 ad views, the YouTuber would be paid $18, on average.
Using Forbes’s estimated pay rate of $5 per 1,000 views for “top” talent, a YouTube video with 1 million views can make upward of $5,000, which makes being a modern-day social media influencer a pretty lucrative job.
However, keep in mind that these are estimates, and some YouTubers may make more or less depending on the quality of the ad, click-through rate and other factors.
How many views do YouTubers need to get paid?
YouTube Partner Program checklist
YouTube created the YouTube Partner Program, which allows you to get paid through advertisements on your page. For acceptance into the YouTube Partner Program, you must:
- Have at least 1,000 subscribers
- Reach 4,000 valid public watch hours in the past 12 months (not including short views)
- Sign and agree to the terms and conditions
- Have an AdSense account
- Get reviewed and approved
Once you’re in the YouTube Partner Program, you have the potential to start bringing in money through advertisements. Earnings come from a revenue-sharing program, but users must meet eligibility criteria.
However, it’s important to note that Google will give you 68% of the revenue when displaying ads with AdSense. So, for example, if a video generates $1,000 from AdSense revenue, you will receive $680.
What other ways do YouTubers make money?
Ad placements aren’t the only way YouTubers make money and earn additional income. A YouTuber’s salary comes from a variety of other sources. Here are some other options to supplement a YouTuber’s income:
- Affiliate links: Have you ever watched a video of a YouTuber reviewing a product? How about one where a YouTuber throws in the name of their “favorite brand”? If so, you’ve experienced affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing are when a YouTuber reviews or mentions a product, such as makeup, or a service, such as marketing software. When a viewer clicks on the link located in the video description and makes a purchase, the YouTuber will earn a percentage of that purchase.
- Merchandise: Whether you follow a popular gamer or a day-to-day vlogger, you may notice some YouTubers opened up a shop and created apparel for their loyal fans to purchase. YouTubers with a large following often create a brand out of their channel and sell things such as shirts, bags, hats and accessories.
- Sponsorship: With billions of monthly logged-in users and more than 500 hours of video content uploaded each minute, YouTube is the most widely used video-viewing platform. And, if you have a strong following, you might be surprised by how many brands will pay you to review or promote their products and increase their sales through a sponsorship.
Who are the top paid YouTubers?
Here are 2021’s top-10 YouTuber salaries, according to Forbes:
|Jake Paul||$45 million|
|Rhett and Link||$30 million|
|Ryan Kaji||$27 million|
|Dude Perfect||$20 million|
|Logan Paul||$18 million|
|Preston Arsement||$16 million|
If YouTube has proven anything over the past decade, it’s that the platform is a great tool for self-motivated people looking to take their career into their own hands.
More FAQs about how much YouTubers make
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about YouTube earnings.
How much does a YouTuber with 1 million subscribers make a year?
If a YouTuber with 1 million subscribers could get their entire audience to watch a new video every week, they could receive about $18,000 per week from AdSense alone. This would equate to $936,000 annually in AdSense revenue.
Channels with 1 million subscribers are also likely to have money opportunities from sponsorships, endorsements or product placements.
How much do YouTubers make for 1 million views?
According to Influencer Marketing Hub, monetized YouTubers make an average of $18 per 1,000 video ad views. On average, only 15% of total video views will count toward the required 30 seconds of view time for the ad to count for payment, according to Google.
So, a video with advertisements and 1 million views — with 150,000 ad views on average — may pay a YouTuber $2,700.
Do YouTubers get paid well?
On average, YouTubers can make $18 for every 1,000 ad views.
Who is the richest YouTuber?
MrBeast was the highest-paid YouTuber in 2021, earning $54 million, according to Forbes.
How much do YouTubers make with 100k subscribers?
Monetized YouTubers with 100,000 subscribers could make around $1,800 per week — about $93,600 annually — from AdSense alone if they could get every subscriber to watch a new video each week.
How many dollars do you get per subscriber on YouTube?
YouTuber income is not based on how many subscribers follow a channel. Ad viewership is the primary way you’ll be paid on YouTube, at least through Google’s YouTube Partner Program.
However, subscribers are valuable because they’re the ones who will most likely comment, like and share your videos with even more people. That means you can gain more views and potentially more YouTube earnings if you place the right ads.
So, while YouTube doesn’t pay based on the number of subscribers you have, they are integral to the number of views your videos receive.
Do YouTubers get paid monthly?
YouTubers receive monthly paychecks either via mail or direct deposit. Other income from brand deals and other revenue streams varies based on contracts.