Prosper

Prosper

4.3

Jan 10, 2014
Prosper Loan Was A Smooth Process

After reading the reviews on CK, I was a bit apprehensive. It appears to be a love/hate feeling toward Prosper, but with some credit card debt at a high APR, I decided to submit my application. Ultimately, I was approved for $20,000.00 @ 11.39%. Much lower APR than what was on some of my cards. I started the process on Jan 3. Submitting the required docs was easy. I just uploaded pdf's for the W-2, bank account and utility bill. I was approved for funding on Jan 7. The funds were in my bank account on Jan 10. Some of my details: FICO = 721 DTI = 24% Prosper Rating = A So far, so good. And really happy to have a game plan to get out of debt and not to continue to pay the high APR on the cards.

Mar 13, 2017
There are better options!

With most loans, you can pay the balance of your prinipal owed if you are able to come up with the cash all at once. For example if you owed around 11k and had about 45 payments left, then you could pay about 8 or 9k and the loan is paid off. Prosper does not allow this and you would still owe 11k, meaning there is no benefit to paying early other than total payments that you owe on the back end would would drop by your cash infusion but you still pay interest as if you borrowed the money for the full term. Go look at Lending Club or others becuase there are much better options!

Nov 22, 2021
Wouldnt recommend.

I wouldnt recommend, i applied and since my bank got bought out by another bank ot showed that my bank history was new, so they suspended my account. I called customer service and got it sorted out, and the rep told me to reapply, but when i couldnt get the rate that i had gotten the first time and they highered the Interest. I reapplied and tool the higher interest, but they suspended again because i coulndt skip the part where i had to add the Bank. Called again and rep said i had to wait 60 days. Couldnt get the loan i wanted, and highered the interest when i reapplied and still couldnt get it. Due to their system suspending my account.

Nov 22, 2021
Bad get punished for something out of my control

I have had my bank account for twenty years. It just changed from TCF to Huntington. I didn’t change it. Now they say I haven’t had one for more than 60 day’s.

Nov 14, 2021
quick and easy process thank you for the help Ine

I applied for a loan to pay off my credit cards and a few other bills the process was quick and easy I will use this company again in the future if I need help again.

Nov 02, 2021
Approved within 3 days

I got approved for $10,000 with a credit score of 636. I had a old repossession from 2015 and 2 collections and a 30 day late which was over two years old. It’s high interest (29.99%) but it’s lower than my other outstanding debts because my credit used to be around 550 and I only qualify for very high interest loans. I recommend for people who can’t obtain credit elsewhere but have at least a 630 Transunion.

Oct 30, 2021
High interest rates

Any offer is better than there's

Oct 29, 2021
Hard inquiry for nothing

Was pre-approved and filled out the application. I did estimate my income but after answering questions on the phone, turns out my most recent pay stub reported an income that was too different than the estimate that they could not approve my application. I am frustrated and really upset they were unwilling to work with me to get a loan. Unsure I want to go through this process in another 60 days.

Sep 27, 2021
Just garbage

I was pre approved, then approved for a loan. When I logged in they said no.

Sep 24, 2021
A hope and Prosper.

I was granted a $25k loan by prosper. I had no issues with their requirements. The application process was very simple and straight forward. My loan was directly deposited, minus the origination fee. I am still currently paying back my loan. I am truly appreciative for the loan and look forward to possibly borrowing from prosper in the near future. Thank you for investing in me.

Sep 16, 2021
Looks suspicious, don’t bother.

I had excellent options of approval. I went through all the application process it asked me to enter my bank information so my funds could be deposit directly. After I entered bank info through plaid, it told me that they had suspended my account temporarily. I called to ask for an explanation and I was told they had canceled my request because they weren’t able to verify my employment or identity (I didn’t even had the chance to send any documents) . I didn’t made sense and it just looked very fishy.. don’t bother with this company. I am dissapointed credit Karma tus advertising it. I believed in its reputation

Sep 15, 2021
No happy at all don’t recommended

I’m. Not happy with. This Loan I pay my monthly payment in some to the principal but they make it harder for us to make payments to the principal and the platform is really bad