Prosper

Prosper

4.3

Nov 04, 2020
A bit pricey but...

Prosper was the lowest interest rate that I qualified for. I was a bit surprised that the borrower fee was deducted from the loan amount. The loan process itself was quick to apply, I was able to easily upload all the information they required. It did take a little bit longer to receive the money than I expected but overall I am pleased with the process. Not super happy about the high orgination fee, but ... in the end, the loan allowed me to consolidate several cards I was not able to get any traction on in paying down. Now they are gone and listed as empty credit. Thank goodness.

Apr 11, 2021
Preapproved but denied

Seems to be a trend here on CK. Preapproved then denied. Stop wasting people's time.

personal loans document icon

Explore our personal loans

See offers from 20+ lender partners to find one that matches your goals.

All reviews (2531)

Jul 27, 2021
Not satisfied

I went through the process of applying for the personal loan and submitted the information needed. I didn't feel comfortable logging into my bank account so I entered my account and routing numbers. Within a few minutes my application was suspended. I called in the next morning and spoke to someone who was not able to explain why my application had been suspended. I was told that I am not able to reapply for 90 days. This doesn't make sense and I feel like this was a very "fishy" experience.

Sadface

I had excellent approval odds from Credit karma. I applied and they cancelled my application and suspended my account.and they said they sent an email telling me why that happened but they didn’t send anything. Whatever just a waste of time.

Jul 21, 2021
No one at this company has any authority.

I had used Prosper once before and had a great experience. Not this time! I attempted to fill out from the Credit Karma site and every time I had to get a code it would disconnect me from the Prosper site. This happened a minimum of five times. When I finally got to the page where I was supposed to agree to terms and went to click I got a phone call from a random number. Turned out to be them I found out later. But I wasn’t able To get the call due to my being in the middle of agreeing. I didn’t get to do that even because I was immediately closed out and sent to a page that said they could verify my information. Well I guess not. You never tried. No email to say they were reaching out and when I called them I got nothing from Linda who was nice and useless. Emails from random customer service no name were rude and shallow and grammatically incorrect. Jeff called later and again was nice but had no authority to do anything. Not even put me in touch with someone who had that authority. Very bad experience.

Recommended

Excellent. They are very professional and offered the best interest rate at the time.

Jul 20, 2021
Waste of time

Preapproved according to credit karma Waste of time!! Application pending for 8 business days

Jul 18, 2021

according to reviews this recommendation not worth the the time so stop making these bogus suggestions!!

Jun 30, 2021
Horrible

I had excellent approval odds from ck. I applied and they cancelled my application and suspended my account. When I called them they said I will receive a letter in the main saying why and they wouldn't tell me.

Jun 30, 2021
I would never refer prosper to no One not even my

This was the worst experience I've ever had in dealing with the loan agency. First of all they'll tell you a lot that they don't do hard inquiries which they do. I've had to jump through so many hoops dealing with prosperity I just declined the loan!!

Jun 22, 2021
Worse experience ever

Worse place for the loan please don’t even apply there for the loan with prosper .. u will get an hard inquiry on your credit and they will cancel your application without any explanation I wish I could give them -star and the customer service has no idea why your application was canceled smh .. please stay away from these people

Jun 16, 2021
Time waists

All make you do is waist your time to provide them information

personal loans document icon

Explore our personal loans

See offers from 20+ lender partners to find one that matches your goals.