OneMain Financial Personal Loans Reviews

OneMain Financial Personal Loans Reviews

From Borrowers in the last year

Compare Personal Loans

Check out rates on new loans or refinance an existing loan.

SHOP PERSONAL LOANS

These reviews were written by current and former borrowers in the last year.

Oct 16, 2020
Expensive
WJJM Borrower

The interest rate keeps going up when you refinance the loan. Most of the payment goes to pay for the interest initially. Takes a long time to pay off.

Oct 19, 2020

Hi WJJM,

Various factors come into play with our interest rates, from your income and credit score to your payment history. We do appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Best wishes -JS

Oct 23, 2020

If you pay only the payment amount that could be the reason

Aug 14, 2020
Worked out great
AlexL7194 Borrower

Except it to take few days after the payment date be taken out of your bank account. Mess with me as kinda got other bills to pay but not realizing that they didnt withdraw the money add another $50 fee to your account per time

Aug 09, 2020
Don't blame them it's our faults
jmvette23 Borrower

1) Basically our faults to begin with. If we didn't have bad credit we wouldn't be here. We get what we deserve and if we applied we can't blame them we applied and to their terms. 2) They're a business out to make money. Yeah very high interest but they have to secure large amounts of money they dish out to us whom have need and it's risky for both but it takes two to tangle. I need a loan but willing to struggle until I get my points up over 700 currently at 647 and working on it. Just know you applied and they do what they do atop blaming them take responsibility it's our faults. Good luck to you all work on your credit. 🙏😊

Aug 13, 2020

You’re a moron for siding with these low life losers

Sep 05, 2020

First of all, yes, People who have bad credit it is their fault because of whatever senario put them there and the choices they've made, from what I read in these comments no is blaming anyone for the situation that they're in. Please stop trying to be so self righteous because you sound like a jack***. I think I speak for most people when I say we realize we're responsible for our credit. Anyone that agrees with this person, idk what to say. You don't need some guy on the internet to take responsibility for you just to tell you that you messed up and hold your L

Sep 27, 2020

I totally agree, we don’t need someone to tell us we messed up our own credit. Pay day loans places do same thing. It’s a vicious cycle one that hardly anyone gets out of.

Oct 21, 2020

You obviously work for one main. Predatory and unfair practices should be in jail plan and simple.

Jun 13, 2020
Was approved started off great
Carlos2571 Borrower

I paid this loan off months back my vehicle was my collateral. I have not gotten my title back and it's been paid off for months no one can seem to give me a legit answer why I don't have my title. But they want me to do all the leg work along with taking time off from work to do so. Not only that I have not received a call from this place other than wanting me to do more loans. I tell them I don't want to because I still don't have my tittle back to my vehicle and there is never a follow up on it.

Jun 15, 2020

Companies that take a title for collateral just place a lien on the title. You just need a lien release. They can do that by email. You may call the BMV to see if they already released the lien. Hope that helps.

Jun 27, 2020

Thanks for your reply. I was considering doing this and the above review scared me until I read your response.

Jun 29, 2020

They should have either given you a lien release AND/OR they SHOULD have the capability to release the lien in office. But the title should have been mailed to you with out the lien by the DMV. You might just have to get a replacement tile. I would call DMV. Or I believe you can apply for one online. Also, tell the company to stop calling and if they don’t..you can sue cause once you say stop by law they have too. Hope this helps.

Apr 04, 2020
I should have never got this loan.
JDG1973 Borrower

They kill you with intrest, it's like the never ending loan. Getting a loan with them is easy and they are nice, like a bunch of loan sharks. My experience and opinion is getting a loan with One Main Financial is as bad, if not worse than taking a loan or cash advance on a credit card.

Mar 17, 2020
Helpful when needed, will NEVER DO AGAIN
BrokeAffff Borrower

As everyone says YES, this is a predatory loan.. I was in a rough spot and really needed the funds so I did it. I only got this loan in late November because I knew I was getting my tax return and knew i'd have the money to pay it back ASAP. If you DO NOT have a high source of income to pay off what you're borrowing coming in within 6 months or less to pay it off, dont get it. I would've paid 8k on a 4k loan if I took the entire payoff time due to the interest being so high. The customer service overall was very good, they were all nice and answered all my questions, the end got annoying when I requested my payoff amount online and they called me 8 times in 2 hours and then when went to pay it off they start questioning where im getting the funds from to pay for it as if its their business. LOL. But just also beware, I got approved for the loan amount on Credit Karma without collateral for 5k, then I go there in person and they tell me im only eligible to do a collateral loan AND it was only 4k that i was approved for. So, be expecting that before you decidde to do a hard pull on your credit

Mar 19, 2020

How do I apply it says I’m pre approve

Mar 20, 2020

Click find out more than click shop personal loan

Mar 25, 2020

What credit bureaus do they go through?

Apr 03, 2020

It sounds like your credit or credit history was extremely low to get such a bad rate.

Apr 30, 2020

StevisPevis. If someone didn't have some credit struggles they would go to a real bank as opposed to a Loan Shark like One Main. Stuff happens in life. No need to rub it in.

How would you rate this loan overall?

What should others know about this loan?

**Annual Percentage Rates, terms of loan, and monthly payments presented are estimated and were created based on analysis of information provided by the consumer and available rate information from lenders. While efforts have been made to maintain accurate information, the loan information is presented without warranty and the estimated APR or other terms presented do not bind any lender. Lenders generally have a range of available APRs (for example, a lender’s range might be 2% to 12%) and only borrowers with excellent credit will qualify for the lowest rate available. Your actual APR will depend upon factors evaluated at the time of application, which may include credit score, loan amount, loan term, vehicle information, credit usage and history. All loans are subject to credit review and approval. Additionally, model year, loan-to-value, minimum loan balance mileage, income, debt, etc. restrictions may apply. When evaluating offers, please review the lender’s Terms and Conditions for additional details.