Personal Loan Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Find Out More

Ratings by Category

Loan Holder Ratings

Compare Personal Loans

Check out rates on new loans or refinance an existing loan.

Jun 19, 2014
A SUPER simple solution to a quick loan.
Anonymous Loan Holder

First of all I would like to say that the Kabbage process is the easiest and best experience I have ever had applying for a business loan. Usually the process is painfully slow and retoricall questions with an assanation of your past and credit history. (yes I know it's a loan I should be asked certain questions) The point is this Kabbage has made the entire process simple and easy.

I highly reccomend this product and will be using it again in the future.

Jun 13, 2013
Sorta Interested

It seems to me that they are not fully up front in explaining the full cost of capital in the loan structure, by emphasizing the 2-7% top line cost.

" Your cost will be typically 2%-10% based on your store's monthly revenue and Kabbage score."

You would pay 2% If and only If you pay back the entire balance in the same billing cycle, and if you are lucky ennough to get the 2% rate.

The on site example of Ms. Thompson getting a $10k loan, the first two months clipped for only 3%, followed by 4 months of 1%.

Since this is a fee on the total loan, finding the equivalent APR is rather easy: 3+3+1+1+1+1=10, but since this is a six month loan the APR would be 20%. We can see this in the listed cost of loan in the Ms. Thompson example

• Advance: $10,000
  • Cost: $1,000

• Total Due: $11,000

1000 on 10,000 is 10% for six months, or 20% annually.

Caveat Emptor, I am not saying this is a bad thing; like stated above, if you can manage it well this is a good source of short term funding, and let people like Ms. Thompson pay Kabbage's bills.

Reviews (130)

Nov 30, 2015
Dont Do IT
WoosterOh Loan Holder

I have had two loans, I was nieve and desperate.

Here are the facts. I got $4800 loan with 8,5% fees first two months then 1% fee last four months. I had $1008 in fees.

The fees are for the total loan, not the balance as you pay it down.

They make it seem like it is a 21% loan for 6 nonths, so you go OK, that is actually 42% for the year. NO, that can't be further from the truth.

The actual loan if you were comparing it to say, Credit Cards, is actually around 69%.

If I had put $4800 on a credit card at 69% APR splitting the payments equally for 6 months, I would of paid $5810, compared to the $5808 I paid Kabbage.

If I had put the $4800 on a 25% APR credit card, I would of had to pay back only $5160 over those same 6 months.P

PayPal Working Capitol is about the same as a 25% credit card, but you can take up to 1 1/2 years to pay it back, if you pay it back sooner than their estimate, then of course you pay higher than 25% because it is a one time fee.

I also have a loan with Behalf, I got it for 2% per month, for a 3 month loan, so a $2000 is $40 a month, you pay back $2120, which actually comes out to about a 35% APR, not great, but better than 69%.

Nov 03, 2015
Poor verification system

I am in business since Jan 2014 and been in the US since 2013. I applied online and for some reason their system was not able to verify my SSN. I then called their customer service and I was told that since their system was not able to verify my SSN I have to wait a year to reapply again. I am able to verify my SSN through other online credit application tools, but I can't reapply to Kabbage because their system sucks and it fails the verification. It makes me think that they don't have a very good system in place, nor good customer service as the personell was rude and not helpful at all.

The funny thing is that they are marketing themselves as they are "helping small business owners", I wonder if they really help or just loan sharks.

Nov 02, 2015
Anonymous Loan Holder

Hello everyone my name is James Fred am very happy today I just received my loan from one God fearing woman Mrs Robert Barbara when all my hope was lost that I can never get a loan anymore because I have been scammed by many lenders but I just encourage my self and take a bold step and apply with this lender but am very happy to say today that I just received my loan of $4500,000,00 US DOLLARS I will advice you all that are In need of a loan to just simply
contact her on this email address: ( and get your loan today, have a nice day to you all...

Oct 20, 2015
Very expensive, run
diamente Loan Holder

Read their BBB's reviews. It's every expensive and each month you are paying back interest and part of capital back to Kabbage. The fees I received was at a very expensive rate of 31.4%, and they told me it's low. They extended my loan period from 6 months to 12 months. The 1st 6 month's rate went from more than 9% to 4.1% and the next 6 months were at 1%. Still it's very expensive and I did not like I did not have the use of capital for one year since each month you are paying back part of the capital. The customer service is very unyielding. Once you signed the agreement, they will NOT lower or work with you on the fees. They will charge you fees each month and take them away from your bank accounts.

They will tell you to go to trustpilot to check or to write reviews. Interestingly, all other sites have negative reviews but trustpilot has alot of positive reviews. What happened to the negative reviews?

Oct 18, 2015
urgent loan offer
Anonymous Loan Holder

Do you need a loan? Are you a business man or woman and you need a loan to increase your business?? Do you need capital to start up a business? Whatever your loan problems might be, here comes your help as we offer loans to both individuals and firms at low and affordable interest rate.
Contact us today at ( or to get your loan today.

Oct 16, 2015
Anonymous Loan Holder

One year as customer one payment I day late they froze the account with no warning.  STAY AWAY!!!

Sep 07, 2015
Cost an arm and leg!

My business:

Currently I have both Paypal working capital and Kabbage. Paypal working captial is by far AMAZING! We had to find a solution and needed quick cash to take the jump of expanding our business from our home into a large warehouse with heavy equipment. We needed to first invest in the equipment; which we were able to but the thing that snagged us was we needed two months of security deposit in order to move into this warehouse.

We have been using paypal working capital for over a year.. which has been fantastic. We took out our 3rd paypal working capital around May for $8500 and the flat one time fee is $703 with a total repayment of $9,203. For paypal repayment is based on %15 taken off the top of each sale that goes through paypal. We have been able to pay off each paypal working capital within a timeframe of 5-6 months. This has been great for us because we used the money soley on beefing up our inventory which had a great ROI (return in investment).

For the time crunch we were in for moving into the warehouse... our only last resort for quick cash was Kabbage; which the process to get approved was 3 weeks for us. They required so much additional information. We finally got approved for $26,000 and just took out what we needed for the two months of security deposit for our warehouse move in. This was extremely risky because 1) there is no ROI and 2) since there was no ROI for what we needed for the funds... this resulted in having to come of with a large sum of money to pay back the first month; which was $1,200 first payment.

Not only that.. the fee to take $5000 was insane!

Here is a comparison b/w paypal and kabbage working capital for us:

Loan - $8,500

One time fee - $703

Total repayment amount - $9,203

Repayment time frame - no set time. Repayment is based on extracting %10 - %20 of sales driven through paypal (which you can set the % amount taken from each sale)

So that means if you have a bad month of sales... then no worries.. you will not be penalized. If you have a great month of sales... awesome the repayment of the working capital will be faster.

Loan - $8,500

3rd month - $1,501.67

4th month - $1,501.67

5th month - $1,501.67

6th month - $1,501.66

So, that means... if you have a bad sales month... you are screwed!

Overall... I would not recommend kabbage unless you are in desperate need and expect to have an ROI! Because honestly... it COST AN ARM AND LEG!

Aug 13, 2015
Kabbage - Your Worst Nightmare
Anonymous Loan Holder

Kabbage Cash is a mixed blessing. I am an actual customer and not a paid endorsement so I speak from personal experience.

On the positive side, when you are small and can't obtain a line of credit from your bank, they are there. Sure the calculated effective interest is high, but the idea is to have that cash to make a large volume purchase to offset their fees.

On the negative side, if for any reason you can't make your payment, even if you call them ahead of time and work with them - they become your worst nightmare.Temproary unexpected sales slump? Severe illness? Catastrophic act of God such as weather related issues? Too bad - they will empty your PayPal or similar account into the red, draft an eCheck against your bank account and monitor your sales so as to do a full sweep of your PayPal account within the hour. Your income will be cut off, your accounts will be overdrawn.

Oh, wait, your morgage payment is due? You utilities are due? Your car payment is due? You are ill and need to pay to see a doctor and purchase meds that your insurance does not cover? TOO BAD! Kabbage comes first. They will bleed your accounts dry. Don't say it can't happen to you, or it's the persons fault for borrowing too much. it CAN happen to YOU.

Do yourself a favor and resist the temptation of using this service. They come far too close to the definition of pay day loans and other preditory lending by slick advertizing and adjusting their policies accordingly. Strongly recommended to avoid!

Sep 08, 2015

well said- PERFECT pay history with them for well over a year - called a week ahead of time to work out a deferral of something because my $ want going to make it in time - they said "sure we will give you and extension - 3 days!!!" and that was over the July 4th holiday mind you - then bam - sucked Paypal account dry - over drafted bank account and may just may have basically put my 5 year old small business 6ft under - completely cut off our cash flow - avoid at all cost - lesson learned :(

Jul 19, 2015
Kabbage - lifesaver and game-changer
MissDelia Loan Holder

When I needed capital based on my online selling experience Kabbage was there to help. While traditional lenders don't yet fully understand the needs of online sellers Kabbage has made an effort to specialize in this area. Not sure what I would do without Kabbage!

Mar 29, 2015
Kabbage Can/Will be Your Worst Nightmare
flutiegurl Loan Holder

As a small business owner who needed a little capital to get ahead, we decided to partner with Kabbage when they were first coming out into the light as a great loan company. This was a few years ago. Back at that time, Kabbage seemed legit even though we were well aware of their high interest rates and steep guidelines. Nevertheless, we applied and were approved for a $4000 loan, which was just what we needed for some help. And thinking we embarked on a good thing, we would borrow small amounts from that $4k every now and then which made our life in small business a little more relaxed.

We never missed a payment on our Kabbage loan, not once. And as we paid our monthly debt, our loan amount would grow again. This made it nice because, if we ever needed a little help in the future, it was always there to borrow from. That first year, we were genuinely happy with their services and prided ourselves as being one of their very best and dependable clients.

Then after the first year or so, we received word one day from Kabbage via an email that they were switching from one lending institution to another but that it would have no impact on Kabbage’s clients.

This is when their company took a massive nose dive.

Once they had a new lending bank in place who gave them the funds for us clients to borrow from, they abruptly changed course and blocked many of us small businesses from borrowing even though we were already well established with them and extremely dependable. We ourselves had a perfect payback record yet they permanently cut us from any future borrowing AND without any advance notice of their intention. The only way we knew we were cut was when we tried to borrow $100 which resulted in their computer bouncing back a notice at our attempt, saying 'we are ineligible for a loan'. And upon a phone call to their company the very next day while in my state of confusion, Kabbage said we were not able to take a loan in the future. Yet, they gave us absolutely NO reason why. We suddenly found ourselves without their services and 1/2 of our original loan amount remaining to pay back.

This discriminatory treatment, my friends, is 110% unacceptable.

Since that time, we have refused to pay Kabbage another dime of what we owed them. As soon as they cut us from their business, we immediately closed our bank account, as well as removed the 'pre-approved payment' link in our Paypal account. For us, it came down to the principle of the matter in how Kabbage's shady business tactics fell on us. We refuse to tolerate this treatment and did exactly what we had to do. Kabbage deserves everything they dish out. Period.

So folks, save yourself from the horrific reality of your future and just don't sign up with Kabbage. You'll be unknowingly setting yourself up for a huge letdown. They will change their rules on you in the blink of an eye, without any notification, and will leave you hanging while indebted to them. And should you dare falter on even one payment owed to them, they will haunt you in your dreams by their constant moves in cleaning out your bank account, Paypal and the like. Kabbage will stop at nothing to get themselves paid back, no matter what your reality is. They will end up being the worst nightmare you have ever encountered. This, I assure you.

In summing things up here, Kabbage is nothing but a tragically bad loan shark. And I am putting this mildly. They don't give a rip about your business or what state it might be in for the month. All they care about is making huge amounts of money off you, and in a very short period time, and they are especially good at preying on the weak. They are also experts at changing their rules behind closed doors, and never informing you of those changes until you find out the hard way. By staying clear of this company, you will never be putting yourself at risk in becoming one of their statistics as we, along with many others here in these reviews have.

It is because of us that has Kabbage laughing all the way to their bank each day. Please learn from us who know.

Jun 23, 2015

What did Kabbage do when you quit paying them? Did removing the pre-payment links on paypal work? Kind of going thru something similar here.

Rate this loan overall

What should others know about this loan?

Kabbage is an online financing corporation that provides working capital to small businesses. The online application process only takes minutes, making it quick and convenient. Loan amounts range from $500-$50,000 with 24 hour access to your funds.

Founded in 2009, Kabbage is based in Atlanta, Georgia, with offices now in San Francisco as well as the United Kingdom. Kabbage was named a Red Herring 100 North American Winner as well as one of the Top 10 most innovative Companies in Finances.

**Annual Percentage Rates, terms of loan, and monthly payments presented are estimated and were created based on analysis of information provided by the consumer and available rate information from lenders. While efforts have been made to maintain accurate information, the loan information is presented without warranty and the estimated APR or other terms presented do not bind any lender. Lenders generally have a range of available APRs (for example, a lender’s range might be 2% to 12%) and only borrowers with excellent credit will qualify for the lowest rate available. Your actual APR will depend upon factors evaluated at the time of application, which may include credit score, loan amount, loan term, vehicle information, credit usage and history. All loans are subject to credit review and approval. Additionally, model year, loan-to-value, minimum loan balance mileage, income, debt, etc. restrictions may apply. When evaluating offers, please review the lender’s Terms and Conditions for additional details.