Marcus by Goldman Sachs®

Reviews: Marcus by Goldman Sachs®

Marcus by Goldman Sachs®

4.5

Jul 28, 2018
Easy, fast - best possible experience!

Being self employed as an independent contractor, getting a personal loan can be really challenging. I had two loans from Lending Club at pretty high interest rates and a few credit cards, also at high rates. I wanted to consolidate to one payment at a lower rate, but everywhere I applied I had to jump through a dozen hoops only to either end up being denied or counteroffered for way less than what I needed. I decided to take a chance with Marcus because I got an email offer from them. Took me all of 2 minutest to fill out my info and they instantly presented me with my options. I chose one, fully expecting to have the same experience I'd had with other loan applications. To my immense surprise, I got an instant approval. All I had to do was upload a picture of my check. No other documentation - no proof of income, no bank statements, no tax forms. Nothing. An hour later, I got an email saying my bank had been verefied with a link to e-sign the loan documents. I did so and had the full amount requested deposited into my bank account the next morning (less than 24 hours). I am beyond extactic - I've already paid off all of my balances and can now focus on socking away some savings and getting better control over my finances. And since my credit card utilization will go down, my credit score should go up as well. If you need a personal loan, this is the way to go. Easiest, fastest and best experience I've ever had!

Mar 07, 2018
You need permission to pay off loan

I want to make a large payment to pay off my loan but I can't unless I call them. When I call in I sit on hold for 5 minutes and the call drops (poor reception area). I don't know why they won't let you pay in large sums- they must be upset they won't make as much off of you because of interest. They boast no fees/pre-payment penalties but they won't let you pay off without talking to them on the phone (aka getting permission to control your own financial decisions) and they don't have a customer service email/live chat. I spent several hours of calling in and call dropping before I gave up and just scheduled out several days of payments.

Aug 09, 2022
Good experience

Easy process

Jul 25, 2022
Quick and Easy

Getting my loan was quick and easy and the funds where deposited directly into my account. I'm lovin it.

Jul 22, 2022
Very bad experience

My whole experience was a nightmare. They gave me the run around to give them proof of income. They would tell me one thing then when that wouldn't work they would tell me I was misinformed then tell me to do something else that didn't work. I ended up canceling my loan, luckily before it was approved. Also when I called customer service they were very rude

Jul 21, 2022
Lender

The best I got money the next day

Jul 16, 2022
Excellent

I received a better rate on a loan offer from Marcus and paid off a loan from lending club with a higher rate. Very happy with the speed in which I received the funds and fast approval.

Jul 07, 2022
Superior Experience

No hassle whatsoever. Extremely professional and efficient.

Jul 07, 2022
Exceptional

This lender gets a star rating! I was pleased in their timely response to my financial need and to top it off, no interest! Thank you sincerely and hope to do business again!

Jul 06, 2022
Good

Excellent services

Jul 01, 2022
Organized, professional, and fast

An extremely fast and clear process to get the loan you need to payoff higher interest debt. Marcus is a A-Z step by step way to get what is needed to reduce debt and have a fixed monthly reasonable payment. Great start !

Jun 30, 2022
Horrible

Horrible experience. Approved for a loan they didnt accept my bank for deposit. Tried to upload other bank docs site glitches. Called multiple times they kept saying they submitted ticket. Problem never got fixed. Wasted credit inquiry. Got a loan with lending tree, funded within 24 hours. No bs.