Marcus by Goldman Sachs®

Reviews: Marcus by Goldman Sachs®

Marcus by Goldman Sachs®

4.5

Jul 28, 2018
Easy, fast - best possible experience!

Being self employed as an independent contractor, getting a personal loan can be really challenging. I had two loans from Lending Club at pretty high interest rates and a few credit cards, also at high rates. I wanted to consolidate to one payment at a lower rate, but everywhere I applied I had to jump through a dozen hoops only to either end up being denied or counteroffered for way less than what I needed. I decided to take a chance with Marcus because I got an email offer from them. Took me all of 2 minutest to fill out my info and they instantly presented me with my options. I chose one, fully expecting to have the same experience I'd had with other loan applications. To my immense surprise, I got an instant approval. All I had to do was upload a picture of my check. No other documentation - no proof of income, no bank statements, no tax forms. Nothing. An hour later, I got an email saying my bank had been verefied with a link to e-sign the loan documents. I did so and had the full amount requested deposited into my bank account the next morning (less than 24 hours). I am beyond extactic - I've already paid off all of my balances and can now focus on socking away some savings and getting better control over my finances. And since my credit card utilization will go down, my credit score should go up as well. If you need a personal loan, this is the way to go. Easiest, fastest and best experience I've ever had!

Aug 27, 2017
Misleading

I was reviewing different loan offers from Credit Karma and Marcus by Goldman Sachs was suggested to me. It specifically said at the bottom that preapproval does not hard credit pull. I began the application, but realized that I would have to upload alot of different documents and decided to just go with my credit union instead. I did not upload the documents and did not complete the application, but they still did a hard credit pull with no warning. I called Goldman Sachs to dispute the pull and get it removed but they stated that I went past the point where it was a soft pull only. It's not a huge deal..but very misleading. Goldman Sachs was offering me a 14% rate, and my credit union offered me 9%.

Nov 24, 2021
Debt Consolidation

The entire process was simple , fast and easy

Nov 13, 2021
Super easy and fast

Super easy and fast. Applied for a personal loan last night attached my bank accouny woke up and at 10 am got a phone call to upload a paystub and less than 2 hours later got a email saying I was approved and funds were on their way! I've used other loan providers in past and this was the best by far they don't charge a dumb origination fee and I got the full amount I applied for!

Nov 11, 2021
Excellent

The lender overall was good ,the process was fast

Nov 08, 2021
Good experience

Very easy with quick results

Nov 04, 2021
Loan offers

Am retired and my income is my 401K and social security I receive per month is that going to be a problem?

Five Stars for Marcus

Never obtained a personal loan before and this was a fast and efficient process. Highly recommend Marcus if you need a personal loan with the cheapest interest rate.

Terrible

Website says 1-2 days for application process but that is wrong. I’m on 9 business days now and keep calling with the same response. Check back in a couple days. They hit you with a hard pull instantly so you are stuck.

Great Company!

Easy to apply and everything was simple. Great rates! No Hassle!

Oct 27, 2021
Loan process takes forever even when they say 2-

You have to call to get them to do anything and the response is 2-3days every time

Oct 25, 2021
5 Star great lender, saved much money in interest

I've used personal loans from Marcus to payoff high interest credit cards my wife had balances on. Saved a lot of money, and time, and was able to get a second loan while paying off the first. Autopay makes payments easy, and they recently added the ability to make extra unscheduled payments from the website.