Avant

Avant

4.3

Dec 24, 2020
High rates

The only drawback with Avant is the rates. Coming up on the end of my loan with Avant in January 2021, I had a need to get another loan and considered doing it with Avant. They were only able to offer me a high rate near the one I had on my first loan when I was far earlier in my credit rebuild. I would have considered paying them slightly more because they have been wonderful to work with and have a very nice app, but in the end I found another good lender who offered me a rate less than half what Avant did. If you are in a situation where you are stuck with only high rate options, Avant is great to work with. If you can do better on APR, you should. I did. But I do appreciate Avant for the role they played. I think it's the role they intend to play, and it is important.

Oct 12, 2020
Avant's Interest Rates are Astronomical!

This company is the biggest loan shark / rip-off, unreputable company that I have ever dealt with. Their interest rates are exceptionally high. It is impossible to reach a human on the customer service phone number. They do not have a simple method to pay an amount that is not a regulary scheduled payment, for example if you wanted to pay an extra $1,000 on your loan, there is not a way to input the payment amount. You must divide the amount that you want to pay into regulary scheduled payments (for which you can change the date). There is no graceful way to pay off the loan. This company wants auto-draft outrageous interest amounts from you, not let you have any say or any control, and make it impossible for your to manage your account. They want to manage your account the way they want to manage your account. To heck with you and how you want to pay them! RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

personal loans document icon

Explore our personal loans

See offers from 20+ lender partners to find one that matches your goals.

All reviews (6476)

Jul 19, 2021
Good place to go if you’re starting over

Great experience. Easy and upfront.

Jul 16, 2021
None

Nothing to tell

Jul 13, 2021
Don’t Use

They will nickel & dime you to death. I paid off my loan early & they ran it through my old bank account number which I cannot even see when I log in. Old bank account was closed so of course payment was returned & they charged me more interest. Will never use them again. They don’t review your account at all-I had a $13,000 loan with them never missed one payment & never got any reduction or incentives to refinance etc. Terrible-there are better options out there.

Jun 27, 2021
Avant refuses to correct their mistake & I suffer

I have fought for two years for AVANT to remove inaccurate info on my credit report. Despite sending proof from USAA Bank, they refuse. I do NOT recommend doing business with this company. How sad that my funds were withdrawn by them and they literally held the money without applying to my AVANT account for a week and then marked me as a late payment.

Jun 16, 2021
Creditkarma ?

How can you get out of debt from credit cards 21% int and going to a 36% loan.. credit karma is not the site it use to be

May 19, 2021
Just plain horrible

Appalling customer service, if you can actually get a hold of them. I took out a different loan just to pay this one off.

May 18, 2021
Fast and easy approval

When your prequalified and you apply you get a response fight away to let you if your approved. Than money is deposited. I will be doing business with them in the future!

Apr 16, 2021
Worst ever

Worst loan ever. Stay away.

Apr 16, 2021
Worst loan and APR, no refinance option

The worst you can do is use avant, I could lower my APR even with a 802 credit score I am still paying 35% interest. So if you are planing on not refinancing and paying a high interest rate feel free to use AVANT, also they keep loosing licenses in many states and they don't inform you that they lost the license in your state until it's too late, basically you stuck with them even if they don't operate in uour state anymore which was my case in New York.

Feb 15, 2021
Avant is not a good company to deal with

I had applied for an Avant credit card via Credit Karma last year in the beginning of November. After over 3 months of waiting, I still have not received my credit card. I have called their customer service several times and all they do is insist on sending a new card via regular mail.

personal loans document icon

Explore our personal loans

See offers from 20+ lender partners to find one that matches your goals.