Oportun Loans

Oportun Loans

4.3

Jan 22, 2020
Simply fast & easy

I just started to rebuild my credit and always saw this company on my feed about taking a loan out. I typically against it as I had previous history with loans and did not want to fall back into that slump. With that being said, I got back on my feet, decided to take out a small loan out just to take care of personal business, and I must say the process was super simple. I highly encourage anyone that wants to take a small loan out ($1000 or less....or more) to go ahead and try it out. I am thankful for the opportunity they have given me and look forward to doing business with them again.

Oct 21, 2020
They Won't Work With Netspend/Chime

Even though my bank has an account and routing number since it's an online-only bank they refuse to work with it even though my employer will direct deposit checks into it and other loan companies have no problem with it. They are alienating potential customers as a lot of people use prepaid debit cards these days

May 20, 2022
Extremely pleased!

Totally seamless process! Definitely recommend this company! Loan was approved and two days later direct deposited into my account.

Excellent

Very good service. Walk me through each step and helped where I needed. Very professional.

Great and Easy experience

Very easy process and can get a huge loan amount without having the best credit, will definitely recommend

May 19, 2022
STAY AWAY FROM THIS 5 STAR SHADY COMPANY!!!!!

I authorized Oportun to do a soft credit check to see if I qualified for a quick emergency loan and the pre-qualification process said I was good for $1,500 and to submit my bank statements to verify my income and my bank account to deposit the funds. I was very reluctant to have a new hard inquiry on my credit report (which is what they do to finalize the loan), because I’ve been carefully fixing my credit and not applying for anything for the last 2 years because I want to buy a house, but I need the funds so I went for it. After I submitted what they asked for and they did a HARD inquiry to finalize the loan, I was denied and was told I needed a co-signer!!! I called them and the reps I talked to couldn’t give an an answer as to why I wasn’t told that I needed a co-signer BEFORE doing a HARD CREDIT INQUIRY. I asked to speak to a manager to find out what the issue was and I was hung up on TWICE after being on hold for over 45 minutes on BOTH calls. Now I have a NEW HARD CREDIT INQUIRY for a mere $1,500 loan that I didn’t even get! SO, STAY AWAY FROM THIS 5 STAR SHADY COMPANY!!!!! This happened on May 19, 2022

May 18, 2022

Misleading

Excellent

4.7

Satisfied customer

They were very helpful. I was able to get a personal loan almost instantly. Very good customer service. Will definitely continue doing business with them.

Great application process

The application was fast and very user friendly