Wells Fargo Mortgage

NMLS ID# 399801

3.4

Jan 06 2021
Stay on Top of Escrow Payments

They play it very tight with paying homeowner's insurance. I got a notice that my insurance would be canceled if not paid within a week. I called Wells Fargo up and had to navigate through call options but finally got connected with someone who took charge and indicated it would be timely paid. But what if I had not called?

Dec 19 2020
Never again...

It took forever. I had to provide documents twice, I wish I had shopped around more. Plus they did not listen to my requests. I took it because I needed to bury my mother.

We don’t have rates available from Wells Fargo Mortgage. See rates on the lender’s site

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Explore buying power simulator

All reviews (233)

May 09 2021
Will definitely work with Wells Fargo if I have the option

Honestly working with Wells Fargo bank has been one of the best experiences I have had. Moving forward, they will be my first choice!!! Everything was so smooth and not complicated at all.

Mar 10 2021
Wells Fargo Mortgage no thank you

Typical big corporation. I would make a payment they would have a hard time finding my account. Took for ever to get anything serviced. Never just spoke or worked with one person. Very impersonal. We tried to refinance with them and we didn’t have equity.. however, we went another bank and had 0 issues. 10 out of 10 wouldn’t recommend.

Feb 23 2021
Always The Banker Never The Customer!!

Worst lender imaginable. I have had two mortgages and both have proven to be challenging with Wells Fargo. I am currently refinancing, so I can rid myself of them permanently.

Feb 23 2021
Great company

I had no issues with them. They were wonderful. I was able to get information that I needed.

Feb 22 2021
Think Twice

I've called asking about finance rates for a "lot" loan or a "land/parcel" loan and after speaking to 5 people..someone finally told me they don't do land loans. I just called the other day asking about a payment question regarding our home selling this month and after speaking to what seemed to be a 12 year old girl for over 20 min that didn't know how to do anything but laugh and giggle at her child in the background...she put me on hold. Then came back and told me that I didn't have to make my payment that it wouldn't be held against me and didn't go on my credit report as long as the mortgage was being paid off with the sale. I explained the payment due date was PRIOR to the sale of the home (by 1.5 weeks) to technically it would be late and all I was asking is if something was available for a deferment? All I wanted to do is save the money and use it toward moving costs w/o being penalized. I was put on hold yet again....came back and told me her manager said I couldn't do that w/o it penalizing me! So irritated!!!! Waste of time and as much business as we've given them......they will never have another mortgage/loan from us again.

Feb 12 2021
Good Mortgage Lender

Good service and responsive. Smooth transition from my original mortgage lender.

Feb 12 2021
Wells Fargo Mortgage Review

I was very satisfied with Wells Fargo mortgage. We had them for over 20 years. During those 20 years, we were good customers but there were also times that we weren't so good. I lost my job shortly after getting our mortgage. I tried to survive as long as I could but eventually the mortgage was more than I could handle. Wells Fargo worked with me to reduce my payment and get to a place that I could keep my house. Over the years, I was able to find good employment again and was able to get back in good standing and improve my credit score. I am thankful that Wells Fargo didn't just repossess my house and move on. They worked with me and not against me.

Feb 10 2021
Great

Had a very good first experience getting a loan. .

Feb 09 2021
Easy, non-pushy process

- LO went over options and details very clearly - Was not pushy in terms of options - Offered low rates and no points

Feb 08 2021
Excellent Customer Service

Very responsive service before and after loan application.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which we receive compensation. It is this compensation that enables us to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. The compensation we receive does not affect the order or placement of mortgage offers on this site. We strive to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.