U.S. Bank Mortgage

NMLS ID# 402761

3.7

Nov 11, 2020
World class service

World class service. Went above and beyond to close our loan fast.

Nov 06, 2020
Mortgage Refinance Nightmare

I decided to refinance my mortgage with U.S. Bank since I already had a checking account open with them. I have perfect credit, great debt ratio, no needed appraisal and had all my documents in order. The process took 110 days from application to closing!!! My loan processor would not return emails or calls and would send me an update every 3 weeks. Her emails were shockingly unprofessional. She actually didn't know how to spell the word "Refinance" and had 11 misspelled words in a short paragraph. All her emails would start with "I AM WORKING BUT NOT AVAILABLE" in bold caps. After 60 days of this craziness, I decided to call customer service to voice my concerns. After 2 weeks and 3 calls and 3 voice messages I was able to get her supervisors name. I sent her supervisor an email and left voice messages just to be ignored again. I completed email surveys sent to me after each call and completed them with a "1" score with comments hoping that would generate a call from someone that cared...nope. It's obvious that the lack of customer service runs deep into the mortgage segment of the business. I finally got a hold of a Mortgage Operations Manager that offered me a refund on my $300 application and then sent me right back to the same loan processor. NEVER AGAIN!!!

We don’t have rates available from U.S. Bank Mortgage. See rates on the lender’s site

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Explore buying power simulator

Sep 17, 2021
Easy peasy mortgage process

Good communication throughout the process, easy to upload documents needed for loan approval.

Sep 16, 2021
Very stressful

I am selling my house and the buyer is using US Bank as her lender. The appraiser came out 3+ weeks ago, they sent a report a week later saying we need to add a drain pipe on our hot water heater. We did it immediately and sent a pic. Took 2 seconds. Then they sent the appraiser out again a week later and charged the buyer another $100 for him to take his own picture. That's been a week ago and we already had to give another 10 days to close. They will not respond to anyone(the buyer, title company, both agents). The extension is over on Monday and it is Thursday and nothing. I just don't understand why it is so hard to consider people's lives in the mortgage business and be professional. They said the pipe was the only thing holding up the closing and that's been done for 2 weeks.

Sep 16, 2021
Great Service!

Great Service. US Bank has been very helpful throughout the all process.

Sep 15, 2021
Some lenders stand out over all others

U S Bank worked with me and my needs. A mistake on my part caused a problem, they helped me work through it, it took some time, they worked to correct my error. Then they were able to approve my loan, went from 30 yr to 20 yr, with less than 1 dollar increase In my payment. Very thankful to to the whole team. They eliminated many charges that my original lender was charging.

Great

Great this far. Only 6 months in but no easy and easy process thus far, easy to track and pay my bill

Quick and easy

Super easy and quick. I personally did not have a negative experience

Sep 14, 2021
Mortgage U.S.

I think we qualified for a lower rate. They made us have the house accessed even though we had very good credit

Sep 14, 2021
Best Lender

This is my first time being a Home owner and this Bank has really been there to answer whatever questions that I've had so far.

Sep 13, 2021
Idk

Because I don’t know about them at all. Or other lenders hahah it’s who I was working with went with

Sep 13, 2021
Would not recommend USBank

Communication was nonexistent. I was never kept informed of what the status of my loan was. I said at the time of application that we wanted to close in our Trust. A week before closing I was scrambling around to jump through hoops to close the loan. Terrible experience took more than 60 days to close.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.