Rocket Mortgage (Quicken Loans)

Review: Rocket Mortgage (Quicken Loans)

Review: Rocket Mortgage (Quicken Loans)

Rocket Mortgage (Quicken Loans)

NMLS ID# 3030

Years in the industry

$500B+

Total funded loans

Information is provided by the mortgage lender.

3.9

Oct 19 2020
Everything went well. Closed in 3 weeks

Deanna was great to work with, and the notary, Frances, was very pleasant.

Oct 18 2020
Purchase of our second primary home and several discussions for refinancing options.

Final quotes are never as they are during the come-on discussion. We have been very straight forward with our final number expectation; they say "no problem" and then it is a shock when the number comes in. We have not proceeded with discussions as we feel they are never being straight forward with us. And....we have been outstanding customers of theirs for over 10 years.

We don’t have rates available from Rocket Mortgage (Quicken Loans).

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Explore buying power simulator

All reviews (2655)

May 11 2021
slow but great!

overall a B+. Repeated requests for same docs, slow process, but we think COVID and home workers played big part. We had a difficult loan to process and get thru. They did it. We were amazed, Slow but great result.

May 11 2021
Awful, awful, awful!!!!!

I would give NO stars if possible! Hands down the worst experience I have had with a finance company. I was told to give $500 in good faith and that they would handle the rest. After over six months, an adequate appraisal, and endlessly submitting paperwork over and over, my refinance was cancelled because my old mortgage company didn’t provide one document by rocket mortgage’s deadline. I lost my money and the desire to refinance. They have awful practices and substandard customer service.

May 07 2021
Al and Linda

Closing costs were a little high. everything ran quite smoothly!

May 05 2021
Trash

If I could give 0 stars, I would. I know that sounds cliche, but I’ve never been so disgusted with a company before. At first, all was great. We were so excited to buy our first home! We had a verified letter and Rocket called daily to check up on us and everything was smooth sailing! Then, they dropped off the map. No calls and no call backs. When they did call, they didn’t follow up. They kept asking for more and more money as proof for a “rainy day.” We came up with more than $10,000 of assets over closing/down payment and they still wanted more. Then the place was appraised by a “third party.” The appraisal was almost ten thousand dollars less than the appraisal five months ago - in a red hot market. The appraisal dipped almost to the original price of purchase when it was brand new 4 years ago. After a week and a half of no contact, we get a call asking if we could get the seller to lower the price. Lol - no. We already did once and the place has the best price per sq foot in the whole city. This whole thing was gross and the management was gross and if I were you, I’d avoid this scam at all costs!

May 01 2021
Not if it was the Only bank!

0 if I could! I told them I needed cash out but really couldn't afford more than $100 more on my house payment. I had a Obama loan at 3.65, they got me 2.85 with enough cash out to pay off car and all credit cards with a little left over for home improvement and the dentist.I applied at the end of June. The loan was funded the beginning of Nov., told not to make original payment to other mortgage company or car payment. It got closer and closer. By the time they got back to me she starts off with "You made the Oct. Mortgage payment right? Grrr 30 years not late once. By the time they got it it was late. The underwriter and title company went to the same school asQuacken Never paid the car off. Screwed up 3 of the credit card payments by sending payoff money to the wrong credit cards or was the wrong amount. Title company hung up on me! All of this happened while I was in Fla. With and during my dieing mother. The day she passed they HAD to have some papers. My sister and I faxed them to Title Co. But she faxed to a friend also. Title company said they didn't get all and were illegible. Didnt have any problem with fax the friend got. After a year of making payments of $1300 I get a letter of escrow shortage...$400. I didn't have it so my mortgage went up, mad because I BELIEVE they knew that the escrow was going to be short or I would not go through with the loan, how could they be off that much, a error in escrow is usually $40 or $80 SHORT OR OVER now I'm struggling! Then they sold my loan and the new company raised my rate because there was still a shortage. And my Insurance went up $40 and property taxes almost $100. I NOW PAY $1690. AND raised my home loan $65,000 more. After all of this the lady that initially was working my loan SENT ME A CHRISTMAS CARD..... I HAVE TO BORROW $$ FROM A FRIEND OR BF EVERY MONTH TO PAY THE BILLS

May 01 2021
Terrible experience

5 calls to get 5 seperate and different answers over a 3 week period. Thry refuse to report accurate and updated credit account info if you file a Chapter 7. My loan was never late, actually paid 2-3 weeks before thr 1st of each month amd maintained my mortgage payments thru my bankruptcy only to learn that thier policy doesn't allow for credit reporting unless you refinance (now, after a bankruptcy i have to wait 3 years before I can re-fi, akd that's if rates stay below 3.5%, or ill never refi). Tell me how this is fair? All other creditors report current accounts, balances and payments after discharge, but not Quikcen in beautiful downtown Detroit...

Apr 29 2021
Waste of time

I had to jump through so many hoops, I was told to pay off this or make a payment here and you will be good to go, wasted over a month going back and forth to only find out last minute they wanted me to put 15% down, which was never mentioned prior. Had to resend multiple documents and they still could not keep their story straight. I DO NOT recommend this company. They are a waste of your time.

Apr 29 2021
Great Experience with Refinancing

Such a quick and easy process to refinance. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. From beginning to closing it was a breeze! And we got a great interest rate too! Thanks Rocket Mortgage!

Apr 28 2021
Quicken was Quick to hang up!

They did a hard pull on my credit which is 740 FICO mid score. I have a student loan in deferment from the pandemic. They stated that a student loan cannot be in deferment but must show an active payment. In the meantime I went to my local bank who stated that pandemic deferred student loans only needed to show an actual payment of zero dollars. Quicken called back after 3 weeks. I stated that I was going with another lender who was more hands-on and that I regretted allowing them to do a hard pull on my credit. At that point the guy hung up on me. Wow, Really! Quicken seems to be a mortgage mill, kind of like time share and used car sales people.

Apr 28 2021
Previous customer turned sour

I had a previous loan with quicken. I decided to refinance due to the great rates. I had completed all of the requirements within a timely fashion. The last request they asked for was a subordination of a HELOC that i have on the property. The process to obtain the subordination was taking longer than they would accept and they withdrew my application. The HELOC has a zero balance by the way and I am sure it would've been approved. They fail to understand that we're emerging from a global pandemic and everything is backlogged. So disappointed.

We don’t have rates available from Rocket Mortgage (Quicken Loans).

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which we receive compensation. It is this compensation that enables us to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. The compensation we receive does not affect the order or placement of mortgage offers on this site. We strive to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.