Home Loan Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

New Penn Financial- Mortgage

From Borrowers in the last year

These reviews were written by current and former borrowers in the last year.

May 26, 2016
Will never do business with again.
Nomadre Borrower

New Penn is also Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing.  As the other person said they are a "Debt Collection Agency" and treat their customers as such.

The free way to make electronic payments is to do an autowithdrawl.  I do not care for those, and with all my other loans I get on make my payments monthly, this keeps me in better contact with my finances.  In order to do that with New Penn one must pay a fee every month. So they get my checks the old fashioned way and have to process a paper check every month.

Their ability to handle escrow accounts is HORRIBLE.  When they first sent the mortgage to their new "Mortgage service" shellpoint, they were over 4 months late in making my tax payment.  Then because homeowners insurance skyrocketed, I went an payed out of pocket for a new policy. Called, explained what I did, and to see where to send the new coverage letter to. Sent in info with delceration of coverage and payed in full for year information.  They proceeded to make another payment to the new insurance, and now harrasing me that I must pay them because my escrow is below 0. Now I get to pay the insurance again and wait for State Farm to reimburse me the extra payment.

I was very unlucky that this company ended up with my mortgage and pray that after my refi I never have to deal with them again.

How would you rate this loan overall?

What should others know about this loan?