Freedom Mortgage

Years in the industry

$200B+

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

4.3

Nov 27, 2020
Best customer service ever

I was always afraid that I will have to deal with soulless mortgage company. This is not the case with Freedom Mortgage. They already twice, in 2 years, lowered my rate without any hassle. I didn't think I would qualify so I didn't even try. They contacted me explained that it's hassle free, and it was, and more or less did go with me with all the steps. Last time was during the pandemic, so we basically talked over the phone and here I am with the lowest rate possible. I highly recommend them as they were recommended to my by my realtor.

Dec 13, 2020
Terrible Experience

If I could give them zero stars I would. My refinance was a nightmare. Would call and call and no one would respond after our initial application. Their responsiveness was completely unacceptable.

We don’t have rates available from Freedom Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

Aug 16, 2022
Easy to work with

Wonderful company to work with. They were diligent, on time, friendly and respectful.

Aug 15, 2022
Worst Refi Experience

My Refi experience was a nightmare! 62 days into and I finally pulled the plug. Kept asking for documents that had already been sent, kept telling me we’re close to closing and strung me along while interest rates continued to climb. They kept creating requirements only to stall the closing. The sad part is they currently have my mortgage. Nothing what they asked for was required when I originally got my loan from them. When they asked me about my church that I tithe with from last year, I knew it was time. I hadn’t been to that church in 8 months! Why would they ask me about that one instead of the one I’ve been tithing with since 8 months ago. Definitely would not recommend. Stay away!!!

Aug 09, 2022
Freedom was not the one for me.

Terrible website and slow service and response time.

Aug 02, 2022
Indifferent

My mortgage was bought out by freedom mortgage. Since then I’ve had no contact with a representative nor had they sent any information to my home insurance company. My home insurance company received a letter from them and had to call me in regards to them purchasing my mortgage. Only contact I have with the company is through the online portal where I pay my monthly payment.

Aug 01, 2022
Exciting experience

Great lender…They worked with us from step 1 all the way to the end. They made the whole process easier.

Jul 31, 2022
Our Experience

This is our first time refinancing a home and must say that our home buying experience has been above and beyond what we expected. Freedom Mortgage is awesome!!

Jul 28, 2022
Stay away

Can't review them as a lender, only a servicer. Awful, incompetent customer service.

Jul 28, 2022
Great Experience So Far....

While I can't speak for the other reviews, I've had a great experience with Freedom! Our mortgage was transferred to them almost 2 yrs ago and since then we've had a seamless refinance with a lower interest rate and are now considering a home equity loan. They've been great this far!!

Jul 24, 2022
Jerks

Our mortgage was transferred to freedom mortgage. We received only a letter say it was happening with an address to send a payment to, just the thing you shouldn’t do! No information otherwise. Then radio silence. After over a month of no information, I had to look up things to find out what was going on and found no issue for 60days. Then I get a letter in the mail that you haven’t paid your mortgage. First piece of mail with a loan number on it. The one piece of info I needed to set up my account. A-holes.

Jul 22, 2022
Horrible!!!

Freedom Mortgage has the worst customer service we have ever seen from a bank. Our mortgage was bought by them so we had no choice but get out while you still can.

We don’t have rates available from Freedom Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.