Freedom Mortgage

Years in the industry

$200B+

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

4.3

Nov 27, 2020
Best customer service ever

I was always afraid that I will have to deal with soulless mortgage company. This is not the case with Freedom Mortgage. They already twice, in 2 years, lowered my rate without any hassle. I didn't think I would qualify so I didn't even try. They contacted me explained that it's hassle free, and it was, and more or less did go with me with all the steps. Last time was during the pandemic, so we basically talked over the phone and here I am with the lowest rate possible. I highly recommend them as they were recommended to my by my realtor.

Dec 13, 2020
Terrible Experience

If I could give them zero stars I would. My refinance was a nightmare. Would call and call and no one would respond after our initial application. Their responsiveness was completely unacceptable.

We don’t have rates available from Freedom Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

Jan 20, 2022
I will recommend freedom mortgage store friend and family

I'm happy with my lender every time I need help I called them that right there they helped me immediately no problem

Jan 20, 2022
Easy, fast reliable. Great with Vets!

Very easy to conduct a refi with VA loan. Can’t praise them enough. Great working with Freedom!

Jan 17, 2022
Terrible Experience as a customer

We have overall had a terrible experience with this company. Their autopay system had a glitch and charge us twice in one month, so we had to dispute the second payment with our bank (since it put our account in the hole). Because of that glitch, our bank account automatically flagged and stopped all future payments to Freedom Mortgage which we didn't figure out for a couple months. This made our payments and credit score a mess, and the Freedom Mortgage customer care team has been completely unhelpful and terrible to work with is getting this resolved. Would not recommend this company.

Great

The Agent was amazing!!! He was on top of everything!!!

Jan 12, 2022
A lot more money than what they said

Contacted freedom mortgage to refinance. They said with the loan half of what the house was worth about 30 to 35 days 3 1/2 months later it took then after I got the mortgage. Eight months later they lifted the price $150 in Michigan. It's got some room winter taxes and they said they forgot the summer tax trying to get things straightened out was impossible. They wouldn't budge. All I ask is people be real careful, even though I had thought had my i Dotted and my T's crossed Good luck

Jan 12, 2022
Pleasure to do biz with them.

Outstanding in all aspects from start to finish. Competent employees and friendly.

Jan 12, 2022
Horrible. Too many cooks spoil the soup. The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

Took long. Didn’t communicate well. Didn’t keep me in the loop as per documents needed etc than would call me and say they needed something within 24 hours. Ended up going with another company and ate the cost of the appraisal.

Jan 11, 2022
Non Freedom Mortgage

Had to reapply every time I found a house. I was told I was PREAPPROVED, but that meant nothing. I was outbid on some properties, and others failed inspections. I was dealing with the mortgage company for over 3 months. They made the process repetitive and tedious, beyond stressful since my credit history never changed from the beginning.

Jan 09, 2022
Happy Camper

Good customer service, great mortgage and refinancing plans. Easy to work with.

Jan 05, 2022
Pretty good I guess

Pretty good experience over all. Decent customer service

We don’t have rates available from Freedom Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.