Freedom Mortgage

Years in the industry

$200B+

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

4.2

Dec 17, 2020
Best ever!

Amazing VA lender. Everyone we have talked to in the past 3 years of them having our note has been the absolute best. Our family had a real hard time after loosing work and hospitalization prior to COVID. Freedom Mortgage made sure we never fell behind. After we got back on our feet a few months later they offered a refinance with no cost, no credit pull, and a closing agent came to our door! Just great!

Dec 13, 2020
Terrible Experience

If I could give them zero stars I would. My refinance was a nightmare. Would call and call and no one would respond after our initial application. Their responsiveness was completely unacceptable.

We don’t have rates available from Freedom Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

Nov 25, 2022
Catastrophic

Zero stars, less than zero really. Terrible service, no help, no customer service, no information, no communication, no nothing. Horrible experience, by far the most incompetent and unprofessional company ever. Words cannot express the level of disrespect towards the customer.

Nov 17, 2022
Loss draft dept

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! Do yourself a favor and go with a different mortgage company. Worst customer service ever.

Nov 16, 2022
Freedom mortgage, the truth.

If you see a positive review on this company don't believe it. Any positive information should be viewed as propaganda written by the company themselves. Before covid I tried to refinance and it was a disaster. They promised me that the credit inquiries were soft and they were not. My credit dropped severely for 3 years. They constantly asked me to refinance. And during covid, the only help they offered was to enslave me more financially. I was fortunate enough to get out of this loan. My loan was transferred to this company outside of my control. I am happy to be free of this company. I got free of them by a very small margin. I almost lost everything, no thanks to this company. My suggestion is that you never use Freedom mortgage, even if you were desperate.

Nov 15, 2022
Worst Mortgage Company Ever

My loan was transferred to Freedom Mortgage from HomePoint within this last year and it has been the biggest headache trying to deal with this new company. Every time I call with a problem, it takes 4 minutes to get through the menu and talk to someone. I get told wrong information each time and the customer service representatives clearly have no idea what they’re doing. My monthly payment is more expensive because one of their reps told me to pay a supplemental tax bill out of my escrow account cause it to dip below a minimum that he didn’t know about. Every one of their mistakes is at my expense and they call me weekly asking me to do a cash out refinance. The company is super scammy, the service sucks, and I don’t know how they haven’t gone bankrupt with all the mistakes they make. It’s taken me 3 phone calls, two emails, and hours on the phone just to get them to cancel the insurance that they mistakenly bought on my account!!!! The reps apologize and apologize but seriously I dread having to deal with this company and can’t wait to get a different lender someday soon.

Nov 09, 2022
Leave Me Alone

They are slow. Quit bothering me about details. I have better things to do

Nov 07, 2022
Good

Easy to pay online. Good at communicating via mail. Customer service is great - actually helpful!! Downside is too many promo emails for new products w/their company.

Oct 24, 2022
Take responsibility for yourself, don't expect someone else to do it for you

Off to a terrible start with these guys. They're blaming me for not sending them my first payment after the transfer because their information was included in a 'goodbye letter' from the old mortgage servicer. Forgive me for not looking for YOUR payment information on someone else's correspondence. Annoying.

Oct 20, 2022
Stay Away and Save Yourself

Freedom Mortgage is the worst mortgage company I have ever delt with in my life. They set you up for financial loss, Take your money while not completing services, and then do nothing to rectify the situation. I would encourage the world to stay as far away from this company as possible.

Oct 09, 2022
Horrible

Horrible customer service and response to questions

Oct 08, 2022
Yuck

Can’t stand how they present themselves. They come across as seedy debt collectors who are certain you will default. My previous loan holders were far more professional. Hate, HATE being treated like an irresponsible person when clearly I was responsible enough to purchase a home in the first place. I would understand if I didn’t make my payments, but I do. Out the door they throw around “debt collector” as though intimidation keeps people in line. Have blocked them and pay my mortgage online. Cannot wait to refinance and get away.

We don’t have rates available from Freedom Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.