Freedom Mortgage

Years in the industry

$200B+

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

4.4

Nov 27 2020
Best customer service ever

I was always afraid that I will have to deal with soulless mortgage company. This is not the case with Freedom Mortgage. They already twice, in 2 years, lowered my rate without any hassle. I didn't think I would qualify so I didn't even try. They contacted me explained that it's hassle free, and it was, and more or less did go with me with all the steps. Last time was during the pandemic, so we basically talked over the phone and here I am with the lowest rate possible. I highly recommend them as they were recommended to my by my realtor.

Dec 13 2020
Terrible Experience

If I could give them zero stars I would. My refinance was a nightmare. Would call and call and no one would respond after our initial application. Their responsiveness was completely unacceptable.

We don’t have rates available from Freedom Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Explore buying power simulator

All reviews (776)

Apr 20 2021
Refi

They have been really easy to work with. Our refi was so simple!

Apr 19 2021
Best Re- Finance Mortgage Company

Lender was east to work with, straight forward, friendly, knowledgeable and fast to close!

Apr 19 2021
So far so good!

Just refinanced with FM and so far so good. Very easy process and was able to get everything done mostly online and through emails.

Apr 17 2021
Refinance Experience with Freedom Mortgage

My initial contact with my Sr Loan Advisor was exemplary. She explained Freedom's offer - no points, no closing costs, lowered rate, and identical term - was complied with precisely. My customer advocate was difficult to reach and of no value to the process. Lastly, because my refi was in proximity to my prior loan's anniversary date, I had issues with my next year's hazard payment. This was the only real difficulty I experienced but it was frustrating.

Apr 17 2021
Stressful

At the request of freedom mortgage I did the quick reference process. Now 50 days later and 3 canceled closing appointments on their part I’m still in limbo. This last closing they canceled was supposed to be on the 16th of April ( keep in mind this process started last week of February) freedom mortgage didn’t even notify me it was canceled. The closing company relayed the cancellation to me when I called and asked where they were. Called freedom mortgage and couldn’t get a straight answer on why the appointment was canceled

Apr 15 2021
Horrible Company STAY AWAY

The Short: DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY The long: Freedom mortgage has pushed our closing back for our refinance 4 times now! None of it is issues with us. Our credit score is great and we have NOTHING else holding us back from closing. We were supposed to close back in November of 2020!!!! It is now April 2021 and they just called to cancel the closing yet again the day before we are supposed to close! This is the most unprofessional business I have ever dealt with. I highly recommend that you avoid using Freedom Mortgage at all cost. They will run circles around you and hit your credit score 5 TIMES!!!!!! Because they can’t get their act together. This is a joke of a company.

Apr 15 2021
Worst company for mortgage EVER

Terrible so glad I refinanced to leave them was the worst experience ever. The customer support is trash. Tried to refinance with th last year and they just could not do the work to get it done it was down to me just to have the closing date and they didn’t get the paperwork to the mortgage processor prior to the closing date and I was unable to refinance my mortgage because of their lack of ability to complete things in a timely fashion. They didn’t even have the paperwork together by the closing date and it had to be canceled. While I was a customer they just messed up so much wouldn’t pay my annual taxes on time and had the nerve to try to pass the fees to me when they had the annual tax document. Just terrible.

Apr 13 2021
Great Mortgage Company!!

Great rates, excellent service and fast and efficient closing process...what more could you ask for?

Apr 05 2021
Not Good

Start to finish, there were multiple mistakes and missed responsibility back to my law office. I sat in the office for 4 hours waiting to sign paperwork. As a result, I almost missed a job interview that I have been waiting to get for 2 years. Second; the process came with mixed information back to me. Sometimes we had to send info twice and the disclosure agreement also had mistakes in it that had I not caught it there would have been more delays. Third; There was no check waiting for me when I went to sign although there is a balance owed after closing. I lost PTO at work and have to pay an additional months rent. Losses that almost dont make up for the decrease in closing costs. Revenues going back to the bank in excess of $100k makes this completely unacceptable.

Apr 02 2021
Great!

I recently closed an IRRRL with Freedom Mortgage. It was a great experience. I received the best rate available and I was able to lower my rent, and save plenty on the life of the loan. Totally worth it!

We don’t have rates available from Freedom Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which we receive compensation. It is this compensation that enables us to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. The compensation we receive does not affect the order or placement of mortgage offers on this site. We strive to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.