Mortgage Reviews

Everhome Mortgage®

2.15 50 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-10 of 50Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next
I'd give them negative stars if I could. Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

We applied for our mortgage in April and were supposed to close in May. It's July and we're still trying to close. We were supposedly "approved" a month ago and just needed to provide some additional documentation to complete the process. The underwriter, Michal Kimmons, is on some sort of power trip. He repeatedly asks us for things we have already provided, over and over. Every time we send in another piece of paper, he refuses to even look at it for 72 hours. Our rep says she requesting a "super rush" every time we send something in and apparently that means nothing. Every day we don't close we have to pay the home seller $200 because we're out of contract. So every time this creep requests another piece of paper (he has everything from us but DNA and our first-born child) it costs us $600. I hate this bank. If you DO decide to punish yourself and use them, allow at least four months, prepare to blow through a few locks and acquire an ulcer or two, and expect it to cost thousands more than you expect.

GalenaReno's review was:

Jul 11, 2013 Reply

GalenaReno(1, 5)

Review by GalenaReno

Excellent experience. Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

We applied for a home purchase with EverBank( Massahcusetts loan office) and were approved in three days and closed in 21 days. I had a duplicate mortgage application in with another lender (just in case), and pulled it since EverBank approved my loan and closed it so quickly. Not sure of the particulars surrounding some of the negative reviews on this site, but I was thrilledwith their rates and service and am a customer for life.

Feb 07, 2013 Reply
Fantastic bank! Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

My boyfriend and I were first time homebuyers and we worked with EverBank located at the Parsippany, NJ office.  We have nothing but positive things to say about this bank. Everything that was promised to us was given to us on time. We received a mortgage commitment less than 2 weeks after we started the mortgage process and they even accommodated our request to move the closing date up by almost 30 days.  EverBank made our transaction so smooth and stress free and we would recommend the Parsippany, NJ office to anyone looking for a great mortgage company to work with. Thank you, EverBank!

Jan 09, 2013 Reply
Great Turn Time Helpful to 6 out of 7 people

I just wanted to share with you our positive experience throughout our loan process.  The overall upfront paperwork and approval process was painless.  We have been through this before and working with Rick Eul and Ever Bank was our best experience to date.   We completed our closing today and we were both very pleased with the services provided by  Ali at Digital Closings.  Ali was very professional, knowledgeable and thorough.  The closing office is also very comfortable and professional and Ali's associate staff was very helpful throughout the process.    There is a day's worth of work for Digital to complete the paperwork through the banks, courthouse, etc. but we are confident this will be done expediently.

Sep 28, 2012 Reply
Unfreakinbelievable Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

This was the most unprofessional experience we have EVER encountered. We dealt with 3 different individuals, depending on which part of the mortgage refinancing they were assigned to. Not a single person EVER returned a phone call or called you back when they said they would. All 3 women were either out of the office, in a meeting, out to lunch, at a doctor's appt or literally acted like they were on drugs. This has gone on for over a month after being told there should be no problems getting this pushed thru. We paid out of pocket for an inspection, credit report papers, etc since there was not going to be a problem getting the loan approved based on all the info they had already gathered. They don't even know how to read a W-2 or know the difference between total earnings and taxable earnings. DO NOT SELECT THIS COMPANY!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN THE OTHER DIRECTION. BELIEVE ME, YOU CAN DO A LOT BETTER ELSE WHERE.

Sep 20, 2013 Reply
Different Story in N.J. Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I am blown away by some of these negative reviews and can only imagine they come from a select few disgrunteled customers out of a completely different region.  I can honestly say that I wish my mortgage referral partner had joined EverBank earlier now that I see what they're capable of.  As a licensed NJ Realtor for 23 years, I have entrusted a select few lenders to handle my clients.  For the past 8 years, I have used one mortgage rep who was at the largest mortgage company in the country.  When his former colleagues opened EverBank about 6 months ago, he ran there.  After watching how they perform, the majority of my office is now using him and E.B. (even though my office has an "in-house" relationship with his former company).

Not only would I not jeopardize my client's wellbeing, I would also not risk putting food in my children's mouths by referring a lender that could not get the job done.  The feedback that we have received consists of not only sharper rates, but the ease of the process due to the incredibly friendly processing staff which takes the client to the finish line.  My most recent experience was a purchase closing in 16 days which is unheard of since 2007, and my personal refinance which took just under a month (also unheard of in today's world).  Do yourself and those you refer a favor and don't be so naive as to read into a select few.  Conversely, make sure to look up the larger named lender that you're accustomed to using and look what is said about them.

MorristownRealtor's review was:

Mar 10, 2013 Reply

MorristownRealtor(1, 2)

Review by MorristownRealtor

I used EverBank twice for financing between 2005 and 2007.  Both times everything went exceptionally well.  My realtor couldn't believe that an internet bank could perform.  EverBank had the documents done ahead of time, were readily available over the phone and overall did a great job.

Why not a five star?  Earlier in 2011 I requested a pre-approval letter for a new purchase, the mortgage lady Mandy  (forgot her title), was short and somewhat rude and they asked for $15 for a pre-approval letter.  I thought that was rediculous that I would have to pay for this service.  So, maybe things have changed and they are no longer the stellar institution they were.  Hope not, my prior loan closings were cheap, timely and accurate a five out of five.

rlm2580's review was:

Dec 31, 2011 Reply

rlm2580(2, 3)

Review by rlm2580

Smooth Process Helpful to 3 out of 4 people

I recently bought a home and closed with Everbank in NJ and the process was so smooth and clear to understand.  I would recommend using.

Jan 04, 2013 Reply

I recently closed with the Woodbridge NJ office on a purchase and had an incredibly good experience.  I highly recommend EverBank.

Jan 02, 2013 Reply

One of the best mortgage companies I have ever dealt with.

Jan 02, 2013 Reply
Results 1-10 of 50Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Everhome Mortgage®

Compare Home Loan Rates

View your top home loan recommendations and compare rates on Credit Karma.

FIND RECOMMENDATIONS

Everhome Mortgage® offers homeowners the choice of traditional fixed rate and jumbo adjustable rate mortgages available in every state. Everhome Mortgage® has a team of mortgage specialists who can be reached over the phone or in person at specific locations to help guide consumers through the mortgage process from start to finish. Consumers can call Everhome Mortgage® specialists or request to be called at consumers’ convenience. Mortgage quotes are also available online.

Established in 1961, and headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, EverBank claims it is one of the industry’s fastest-growing, healthiest banks today. EverBank® operates under a corporate belief in a “straightforward approach”, pledging to avoid any hidden costs or changes to the consumer.

Company Details