Mortgage Reviews

Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc.

1.55 6 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next
Overall good experience Helpful to 10 out of 13 people

Dovenmuehle was not a mortgage company I chose, rather our loan was sold to them within the first 2 months of purchasing our home. They do not have a way to make scheduled payments on line but do have "one time draft" that is permitted - that I regularly used once I discovered it. There is a link on their website that permits "secure communication" (emails) with Dovenmuehle. I have only used that feature once and recieved an automatic response at first but then a secure email was sent. I never missed a payment (although I did take advantage of the "grace period" a couple times), so I do not know how the process is when dealing with this aspect of Dovenmuehle. I did talk to a person on the phone once and she was patient and knowledgeable. Our loan was with them for 5 years until we re-financed. Their website also has information we needed and therefore did not need to get in touch with customer service: our annual tax information, amount in escrow, interest rate, list of payments, how much is still owed on the loan...

I do wish there was a way to schedule regular withdrawal from checking on-line and not do a "one time draft" every month. Even if we chose not to use that feature, it would be a great option to offer people.

Oct 28, 2012 Reply
Dovenmuehle Mortgage is the Devil Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

Dovenmuehle Mortgage is the servicing company on my loan. I recently had hail damage to my house and received a check from my insurance company that had my mortgage company (CapWest Mortgage) as a co-signer on the check. The check was over $10,000 so the "servicing company" is breaking the check into thirds once I have complied with their restrictions. It is impossible to get in contact with anyone at the Dovenmuehle office and if you do manage to get in contact with anybody, they will read off of a piece of paper and then transfer you to another department.

Everything that Dovenmuehle Mortgage does takes them 10 days.

Send them an Insurance Check - 10 Days

Send an email with your loan number - 10 Days

Send an email with additional information to another department - 10 Days

Send a self-addressed FedEx overnight envelope with payment - 10 Days

Dovenmuehle Mortgage is the reason why people commit suicide.

May 28, 2013 Reply
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CRIMINALS.

This company will make empty promises to help and they simply dont. We had to do a refinance to lower our payments about 6 months into the new mortgage they raise our payments without notice and guess where we are today.... They have us back with the Loss mitigation to try and keep us out of foreclosure. Check with the BBB they have over 130 complaints in past year.

Apr 09, 2014 Reply
BEWARE

Be very careful of this company!  They'll make it very easy up front, but I recommend going somewhere else.  If it's too good to be true, then it is too good to be true.  Read all of the reviews and make your decision, but don't expect anything resembling helpful customer service from this company.  Also, if you are refinancing and your payment turns out to be lower please check your escrow numbers.  They will estimate it with a thin cushion to get you to sign, but during escrow analysis they will bump your payment to the allowable 1/6th cushion.  They will lie and say that it is "required to be on hand as specified by Federal law, State law and your mortgage documents," but RESPA (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act) does not require an escrow much less a minimum cushion.  To protect consumers the do allow a 1/6th cushion meaning the low point of your escrow balance can be 1/6th of all total payments required to be made from escrow, i.e. taxes & insurance.

Good luck!

gilstrr's review was:

Feb 27, 2014 Reply

gilstrr(1, 0)

Review by gilstrr

all they want is your money

one this company will act real nice to get your acount then if you need anything including them to live up to there side of the agreement it will not happen they have made repairs on my home in the past drag out so me and my family had a fire damaged home and on top of that they failed to pay homeowners policy that is included in my mogage an i pay them for they failed to tell me of it then i try to correct the problem and they send me a letter saying that I need to go get homeowners coverage of they would call in my full morgage and it was there fault that I did not have any now I am stuck paying 600 more a year for the next two years because of them and they wont even take responsability and they have outragous interest rates I will be leaveing this company as soon as I can

kbecker265's review was:

Sep 01, 2013 Reply

kbecker265(1, 0)

Review by kbecker265

Total Fraud generating company

The first review is total bull and was posted by someone with loyalties lying in the gutter with Dovenmuhl's.  We were totally defrauded out of our home of 20+ years.  They don't deserve to exist.  They are criminal, and base their business model on that premise.

Aug 08, 2013 Reply
Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc.

Compare Home Loan Rates

View your top home loan recommendations and compare rates on Credit Karma.

FIND RECOMMENDATIONS

Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. offers mortgage programs for residential, commercial, and multifamily borrowers in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. territories. Mortgage customer service is available by phone and through customers' Mortgage Administration account online. For non-customers, Dovenmuehle offers a glossary of mortgage and lending terms online.

First founded in 1844, Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. is headquartered in Lake Zurich, Illinois and is the oldest mortgage banking company in the Midwest.

Company Details