BB&T Mortgage Reviews

From Borrowers in the last year

These reviews were written by current and former borrowers in the last year.

Aug 16, 2017
won't apply advance principle payments!
Anonymous Borrower

I made a huge payment against the priciniple.  They require a $250 payment to apply it!!  In other words, you can't reduce your mortgage payments by making additional principal payments.

You must request a new amortization scehdule, requireing sign-offs of all people on the mortgage.

Combine this with the fact that in some cases (apparently mine) it is impossible to get an online view of your mortgage account!  They bought my mortgage from another bank, and tough their docs say I could ipen an onlne account to view detials of the mortgage, I can't.  Eveh though their docs (i've received in mail) say I can, I can't, and their over-the phone help can't do antyhing about it.

Dec 11, 2016
Worst customer service I have encountere
Anonymous Borrower

I have had this provider since 2012.  Plan on your online account being randomly locked, and also expect to be hung up on when you call customer service for assistance.  Needless to say, I will be refinancing with another banking institution as soon as possible.

How would you rate this loan overall?

What should others know about this loan?