Better Mortgage

NMLS ID# 330511

Years in the industry

$7B

Total funded loans

Information is provided by the mortgage lender.

4.0

Aug 13 2020
Best experience ever for financing

Refinanced my primary residence mortgage. They have the best tools and someone responds in person if required.

Jul 16 2020
What a waste of time

Got me hooked on a low estimated mortgage while also taking money out. As time went on, my estimated mortgage went higher and higher, and money back to me went lower and lower. Money to me halved before it was all over and my estimated mortgage went up by 20%. I had already paid them to appraise my house, which appraised my house at 14% lower than what it appraised for a year ago, when I hired my own appraiser, not to mention I have put several thousand into the house since then. Obviously they are having their guy give a low number so I would have to pay PMI.

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Explore buying power simulator

All reviews (205)

May 11 2021
Waste of time

If I could give them a 0, I would. I went through their application process which was simple enough and kept in communication with them a few weeks before making my purchase offer on a home. Not once did they indicate there would be a problem and when it came down to it my loan was denied based on my credit score. There was no alternative solution, no offer of a different type of loan, NOTHING. It was a waste of my time and now I have no loan. I also worked with 3 different people on the team as they kept switching people on the team which was frustrating. No consistency in who you work with, no alternative solutions, and a total waste of my time. I do not recommend. Look somewhere else.

Locked Rate changed 3 times

Rate kept changing even though it was locked. Not happy!!

Easy Refinance

No complaints! From application to closing in 2 weeks! Thanks!

Love Better Mortgage

Have used twice. Love them! Recommend them to friends and family.

May 09 2021
The worst experience I ever had with a lender

Everything is done online with no live person available for any questions you may have. Having too many unnecessary requests and paperwork that is not related to Mortgage. Taking too long and on the end not being a bell to get our refi approved. As you can see I have already refinanced my mortgage with a different lender which is the prove that this was doable but better mortgage could not come through.

Do not look elsewhere for Refinance. They are then best

Application was easy, documentation was smooth, status updates and follow ups and advice was prompt, professional, understanding, courteous and synchronized with every state of the application, loan experts were knowledgeable and gave correct and true advice, rates were competitive and best at the time (I had compared with Quicken Loan and Nations Lending. Note here that Quicken Loan was my existing mortgage and first choice before Better). Online application and documentation upload was easy and smooth. Good web site. Their communication is good but some loan experts tend to rely on email only rather than schedule or give a call back to discuss the issue. And if one loan expert is away on leave or vacation there needs to be a better hand over. In one instance my loan expert was not reachable and her calendar had no slots available and I had not got a response for a few days and my rate lock was nearing expiry, when I learnt later that she was out of office. Also I hope that they continue to service my loan through The Money Source Overall ; excellent, highly recommend for refinance and they are much much more agile and nimble and efficient than Quicken Loan. The latter has really got inefficient and not competitive since my last refinance experience a few years back.

Exceptional

Detailed, friendly, considerate - not a lot of inbound irritating calls like the other vendors

May 08 2021
Easy to communicate with and low fees.

Easy to communicate with and low fees. Could have done better on the escrow quote, I told them I paid $2k for insurance, but on the mortgage estimate it was around $500 making my monthly payments looking lower then what they would end up being. This wasn't corrected, even though I stressed about it on a phone call, until after I locked in my rate. This was only my second time doing this, and I didn't learn much from my first go around. The people at better were amazing at explaining every detail and cost after that issue, for any major questions I could normally schedule a call for the next business day.

May 08 2021
Easy process

Easy process with best rate for an income property refi!

May 07 2021
Refi with Better

So easy! All online. Good rates. .... I did a refinance. I was able to close within a couple weeks.

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which we receive compensation. It is this compensation that enables us to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. The compensation we receive does not affect the order or placement of mortgage offers on this site. We strive to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.