Better Mortgage

NMLS ID# 330511

Years in the industry

$7B

Total funded loans

Information is provided by the mortgage lender.

4.1

Aug 13 2020
Best experience ever for financing

Refinanced my primary residence mortgage. They have the best tools and someone responds in person if required.

Jul 16 2020
What a waste of time

Got me hooked on a low estimated mortgage while also taking money out. As time went on, my estimated mortgage went higher and higher, and money back to me went lower and lower. Money to me halved before it was all over and my estimated mortgage went up by 20%. I had already paid them to appraise my house, which appraised my house at 14% lower than what it appraised for a year ago, when I hired my own appraiser, not to mention I have put several thousand into the house since then. Obviously they are having their guy give a low number so I would have to pay PMI.

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore buying power simulator

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

Explore refinance calculator

All reviews (161)

Feb 23 2021
Worst mortgage company

Overall bad experience. Processing experts are under trained and unprofessional. Lack of easy communication, they don’t use online chat and they are never available to take phone calls. Management doesn’t respond until it’s convenient for them which in our case was almost a week. I won’t be using better mortgage again.

Feb 18 2021
Great rates, smooth process & outstanding customer service

Excellent Lender, Great rates, Outstanding customer service and smooth refinance process. Everything was completed online. Refinancing thru better mortgage was one of the best refinancing experience.

Feb 09 2021
Horrible

Horrible experience! Preapproval means nothing. Placed offer on home, constant uploading of same documents, would not accept my bank statements, I even had bank stamp and sign my account info. They had a difficult time understanding escrow was cashier's check, like money order and I would get no canceled check. I gave receipt and bank withdrawal and front of check, to get run around. Delay and more delays, ended up breaching my contract because of delays. Losing several thousand $ possibly, waiting to see. Provided creditor payoffs and they would not accept, a checking account I had several thousand more dollars than I need in for closing, I was questioned because my wife spent $98 bucks from it. I have a high/ good score so that was not problem...i would not recommend it.

Better Mortgage

The whole mortgage process was done online. Excellent experience, got a great rate.

Home Refi

Competitive rates, all “Online Process”, very short time frame for approval and closing. Team process.

Better made Refi easy

Easy refinance experience. Mostly handled online, only required a few phone calls.

Feb 03 2021
BEWARE - Attacked with Spam since filling out their online form...

I would strongly advise doing their "pre-qualified" offer. They have a checkbox stating you allow them to provide your info to third parties. If you value your privacy, DO NOT continue this path. Since I went through this online yesterday, I've been HAMMERED with spam phone calls and text messages from other lenders, etc. I've received about 25 missed calls and 10 text messages since yesterday morning when I signed up. I typically get about 3 spam calls per day prior to this. One of the worst decisions I've made. I can only hope they slow down soon. BE AWARE!

Feb 02 2021
Better Mortgage is BETTER!

Best refi experience ever. The process was very smooth. Locked rates same day and closed in 14 days. Very competitive rates.

Feb 02 2021
Better is truly better.

So easy, fast and convenient. We refinanced with USA Bank last year and it was a huge hassle. Rates went down even further and we were hesitant to even bother because of our experience with USA Bank. So glad we went ahead with doing it again with Better. So. Much. Better.

Feb 01 2021
A Good Alternative to Traditional Financing

They were good, no surprises! There was redundancy in completing the tasks which was frustrating

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which we receive compensation. It is this compensation that enables us to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. The compensation we receive does not affect the order or placement of mortgage offers on this site. We strive to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.