Better

NMLS ID# 330511

Years in the industry

$27B

Total funded loans

Information is provided by the mortgage lender.

4.1

Jul 16, 2021
Satisfactory

Online operation Went mostly smooth Communication was sometimes slow especially on weekends but mostly responsive Rate match is great

Apr 18, 2021
Horrible Experience!

HORRIBLE! A full month of almost daily requests for more documentation. They even demanded my IRS ID and password! They rarely return phone calls or emails. You never know where you stand. Had a back to back closing - my sellers were buying another home. Better hadn't wired the funds yet. Everyone waited while I spent 3 hours on the phone with Better reps who said everything was approved but couldn't even tell me what was going on - again, No statis! Funds finally arrived 3 hours late.

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

Nov 12, 2022
NA

I'm trying to get new house and then stay home and give money

Nov 06, 2022
Best rates and best experience

Lowest rates. Great customer service. Easy closing process.

Nov 05, 2022
The Better Mortgage Experience

Exceptional customer service. Easiest, all online mortgage process ever.

Nov 05, 2022
Nosy but good!

I appreciate that this mortgage company listened to my requests about how I would like my mortgage payments to look. They even gave us money on our closing costs. However, this company made me feel like I was a fraud and lying about who I am. They asked me for the same info over and over again. They tried charging me extra money because they didn’t lock my interest rate in at the same time as my closing date. Overall, I wouldn’t say they are the worst but know they will dig deep into your financial and work history.

Oct 22, 2022
Would Not Recommend

Worst lender we have ever delt with. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. Beware of this company. Would not recommend. There are much better lenders out there.

Oct 17, 2022
Good experience, would recommend

- Easy-to-use portal - Friendly and knowledgeable staff - Competitive rates - Discount opportunities

Oct 10, 2022
Mrs

The best of all thank you for everything God bless you

Oct 08, 2022
Excellent Experience

This company is great. Very efficient, great company, great customer service, excellent communication!!!

Oct 07, 2022
Smooth Transaction

I did a refi of my Heloc and was VERY pleased. The transaction went without a hitch and everything was exactly as I was told it would be. I highly recommend them.

Oct 07, 2022
Would recommend!

Had a great experience with our lender. Very easy to navigate online process & everything went smoothly.

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.