Better Mortgage

NMLS ID# 330511

Years in the industry

$7B

Total funded loans

Information is provided by the mortgage lender.

4.1

Aug 13 2020
Best experience ever for financing

Refinanced my primary residence mortgage. They have the best tools and someone responds in person if required.

Jul 16 2020
What a waste of time

Got me hooked on a low estimated mortgage while also taking money out. As time went on, my estimated mortgage went higher and higher, and money back to me went lower and lower. Money to me halved before it was all over and my estimated mortgage went up by 20%. I had already paid them to appraise my house, which appraised my house at 14% lower than what it appraised for a year ago, when I hired my own appraiser, not to mention I have put several thousand into the house since then. Obviously they are having their guy give a low number so I would have to pay PMI.

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore buying power simulator

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

Explore refinance calculator

All reviews (137)

Great online lender

Great company if you like to do everything electronically.

Refinanced Mortgage with Better

Online application process. Super helpful and communicative staff.

Watch Out for Closing Costs

Closing costs changed daily and doubled on the day of signing

Better is really Better!

Super pro, great web site that allowed me to crunch my own numbers and see my closing cost and payment amounts.

Jan 21 2021
Don't do it- Call a local lenders who knows your area

At first the process seemed promising and straightforward. However, it required a credit card for the appraisal before being able to advance - should have been red flag one. They did try to call me, but the time difference and my work schedule led to all email and web communication. It was going well until the closing costs kept growing as did documentation requests. They even asked me to decrease my deductible on my homeowners insurance. As the costs went from 5K, to 8K, to 11K to close, I emailed for clarification, I didn't hear back. When they asked for the entire contents of my trust; that was the last straw. Finally, I cancelled the process. The last person to work with me did apologize and followed up on my request to have the $550 for the appraisal refunded - for which I am grateful. I would not recommend this lender at all.

Jan 21 2021
Best Mortgage Experience So Far...

Excellent processing system - all online providing a lot of visibility on the mortgage process. An incredibly responsive team as well making this refinance the best mortgage experience I have ever experienced. Would highly recommend this lender. I only withheld one star because of their choice of an appraiser who did a terrible job with our home appraisal.

great

Great pre-approved letter, and you can change it based on what houses you toured.

Good ReFi Experience

Very good rates, but it took way too long to close. The amount of documentation required seemed excessive. However, they did waive the home appraisal which saved several hundred dollars and there were no loan origination fees.

Jan 20 2021
Mortgage

The process is fast & service is good, but they sell our mortgages to bad reviewed company, it’s personally my experience.

Jan 20 2021
Great to work with, super communicative, always available. Smooth refinance.

Really smooth process, super communicative. Never had trouble reaching anyone or seeing where we were in the process. Easy to use portal online. The people I worked with were really great. I could pickup the phone any time and talk to someone when I needed it. Very smooth refinance.

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which we receive compensation. It is this compensation that enables us to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. The compensation we receive does not affect the order or placement of mortgage offers on this site. We strive to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.