Better Mortgage

NMLS ID# 330511

Years in the industry

$27B

Total funded loans

Information is provided by the mortgage lender.

4.2

Aug 13, 2020
Best experience ever for financing

Refinanced my primary residence mortgage. They have the best tools and someone responds in person if required.

Apr 14, 2021
Invasive process - waste of time

It was a complete waste of our time. They wanted so much personal information, it became unreasonable and frankly, somewhat fishy. We withdrew our application and went with a local bank and received a better rate and a much smoother, less invasive process. Look elsewhere!

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

Jan 15, 2022
Low cost

Their rates were the best of the larger lenders, small mortgage lenders have more problems with their process. Their costs were by far the lowest, bar none. Our app is more complicated than normal, but their people should have known better how to handle things, and this work-at-home thing might have impacted that process by a lot

Great Mortgage experience

Professional, friendly and extremely efficient. If I ran into a problem, they immediately found a solution with little or no extra work for me.

Better mortgage

Good enough, hard to get anyone on the phone though. They mostly communicate through email and the online portal.

Good for refi

Had a really good, streamlined experience. Their online tools helped compare options and take into account all of the primary factors.

Shady Mortgage Company

Upon our preapproval we got an amazing rate, closing costs, and lender credits. After going through process for a month and about to close next week - our rate went up from 3.1 to 3.8; closing costs went up from 5k to 10k; and lender credit went from 4K to 1k. They said it’s because when they calculated the debt to income, their system didn’t catch everything so their underwriters caught it yesterday. We have no new debt since application. When something seems too good to be true, it usually is. Now we have to decide to pull out of our dream home or pay 400/month more because these people lied or omitted information.

Awesome, fantastic, easy.

This is the best mortgage refinance experience that I have. Everything is done via portal and all steps are very clear and easy to follow. I always knew status of my mortgage at any time and the process was very quick. Nadia Bamba and her team were really awesome! I would definitely recommend Better Mortgage to my friends.

Jan 13, 2022
Great customer experience and user interface

Great customer care and UI experience. Loved the seamless closing day experience as well.

Jan 13, 2022
I don't know what they are better than

They didn't seem to know what they were doing. They wanted to push back closing indefinitely after we were at closing already signing papers. I went with a local broker got a much better deal with no problems.

Jan 13, 2022
Kaitlin was the best. We are grateful for her help.

Kaitlin was wonderful. We had a great experience doing our refinance and now have a Mortgage with an unbelievable low rate at a low cost. Thank you Kaitlin for all your help. Also for always being available to answer all our questions.

Jan 12, 2022
Heavy, persistent pressure sales tactics

I was trying to get an idea of their rates online, but did not give them my email since I didn't want spam or pressure. Somehow they got it anyway, and blasted me with spam. When I told them to stop, they kept sending emails, and even laughed at me for thinking I had the right to control what lands in my inbox.

We don’t have rates available from Better Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.