Home Equity Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Bank of America Home Equity

From Borrowers in the last year

These reviews were written by current and former borrowers in the last year.

Dec 10, 2015
BoA harsh
Anonymous Borrower

I banked with BoA for years and absolutely loved them. However, I applied for my first credit card when I was 18, I got it! I was happy because it was the student card, which they no longer offer. I used this card to build up credit and paid it off every month. About 3 or 4 years later down the road it stopped working, I thought it was because I moved out of state and forgot to inform them of my new address and such, NOPE! Come to find out I had some identity issues where a walmart card was opened with my info and BoA CLOSED my credit card account WITHOUT notice. Long story short I disputed the other card and told BoA to open my account back up.  They refused because they no longer had that card available and I would have to APPLY for a different card. After I finally got over that, I decided to try again. I still banked with them and loved their online banking and its convenience. My credit was pretty good for my age but I was denied. Fine...Tried again a couple years after that, denied....and again one last time, nothing.  BoA is really hard to get approved for a credit card apparently, even if you have good credit.

Never had any issues after over 10 years of banking until I was unable to get direct deposit and they charged $12/month just to keep the account open. Frustrated after that, I finally left them completely. :/

Dec 03, 2015
refi and heloc
Anonymous Borrower

BofA process is terrible and slow. Dark ages. Everything they do is to cut costs from themselves at the expense of timeliness, communication, and respect of their customers. Nearly criminally terrible. And I have banked with them for 30 years.

Dec 10, 2015

how long did it take for your loan to go through?

How would you rate this loan overall?

What should others know about this loan?