1.7
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Mar 26 2014
finally approved!!!!

so happy i was approved with a card backed by citibank lol, they gave me a cc limit of 1000.00 does anyone know how often they raise your limit and if its automatic. ck score of 626

Mar 14 2019
ZALES CREDIT CARD

I purschased my husband wedding band with the 18 months no interest plan. They told me it's best to go paperless and I did. I just paid every month on line and never recieve a email or alert regarding the 18 months was going to end. I had a 200 dollar balance and they charges my $600 for interest. AND REFUSED TO REMOVE THE INTEREST....ZALES IS A JOKE!!!!

Mar 03 2020
Pay it off within a year!

You will be charged a ridiculous finace charge if you dont pay it off within the interest free time period. I'm sure it was explained during the purchase process but I never imagined $600 would be added without warning. Garbage.

Dec 04 2019
100% Junk

Without any warning, my balance shot up $600 due to a finance charge due to my year plan being up. There is no explanation as to why they charged me so much and the amount is absurd. This card is junk and Zales is horrible. After the ring I got for my fiancee, i will never again use their service.

Mar 14 2019
ZALES CREDIT CARD

Feb 13 2019
THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT!!!!

IF YOU DONT USE THE CARD THEY CLOSE IT. CALL THEM AS SOON AS I FOUND OUT, WILL NOT REOPEN!. YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE CREDIT CHECK AGAIN! I HAD THE CARD SINCE 2014! JUST USE YOU MAJOR CARD.

Dec 14 2018
IF YOU DON???T USE IT, YOU LOSE IT!

I HAD A ZALES DIAMOND CARD SINCE 2014 OR 2015. I PURCHASED MY HUSBAND'S WEDDING RING VIA THIS CARD. I PAID OFF THIS CARD INN 2016, AND SINCE I HAD MAINTAINED A ZERO BALANCE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS, THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT! I WAS NOTIFIED VIA A CREDIT MONITORING ALERT SYSTEM THAT THE THREE CREDIT BUREAU REPORTS NOW SHOW THAT ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CREDITOR! GUESS WHAT?? THIS IS AN ADVERSE ACTION AGAINST YOUR CREDIT REPORT! I CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICE DIRECTLY. THEY TOLD ME THAT I COULD REAPPLY FOR THIS CARD. ARE THEY KIDDING???? WHY WOULD I? BOTTOM LINE . . . . DO NOT APPLY FOR OR KEEP THIS CARD. . . . . PERIOD!

Aug 28 2018
Untrustworthy

After 2 1/2 years using my card Zales decided today to decrease my credit limit from 4k to 2500. Which cause my debt ratio to rise, monthly payments to double and credit score to drop. If I had known this I wouldn't have been making purchases the way I have.

Apr 09 2018
NO AUTOPAY! 1pmt/30days allowed. High %

This card is very INCONVENIENT. The website doesn't allow you to set up MONTHLY autopay. You must manually log in once a month by your due date to schedule a payment. Only one payment is allowed every 30 days!! So users beware if your taking advantage of 6 months no interest same as cash! My best advice: use your personal online banking account and schedule monthly autopayments a week before they're due!! I have several credit cards and ALL of them allow you to set up AUTOPAY!! It's rediculous and a SCAM really so that you get hit with all that interest at 25+ % when you don't pay off and/or monthly late fees because their WEBSITE/CUSTOMER service stinks. I called to complain and the Comenity associate assured me that AUTOPAY was an option. TOTAL LIE! I scoured all the payment options. ONE TIME PAYMENT, MAIL or PAY BY PHONE is all that is allowed.

Apr 02 2018
Customer service is horrible!

In store the customer service is great. Dealing with customer service online is ridiculously horrible! Made a purchase on 3/6/18 and apprently my payment was due 3/27/18. I wasn't expecting to owe anything until April as it typically takes 25-30 days to process and not 15 business days 21 total including weekends. I contacted them asking to help by crediting account and they came back and said they couldn't because of a credit they did 6/6/17 when I thought I paid the card off month prior, my error as I never checked.

Jan 31 2018
Great Card if used CORRECTLY

I have had a Zales credit card for over 7 years now. I buy things with the promotional financing off and on and have had NO problems with it. But I use it correctly. It is not hard to figure out that if you don't pay your balance on time that the 26+% interest will come back to get you. It shows very clearly on the statement every month what is accrued if you don't pay it off on time. To avoid that pay it on time! I have never been late on a payment so can't speak to the harrassment, but feel that acting shocked at the interest charge when you don't pay it off within the allotted time is unfair. It is that way with all cards that offer that promotional balance. Look at your other cards people. That is the whole point of offering x amount of time. Budget correctly. It is only "free" money when you do it correctly and wisely. As to the customer service part, I have not had any issues with them, but have not had any issues to contact them about. So this is my review for what it is worth.

Oct 12 2017

If your 5 days past payment they will call you 3 or sometimes more a day and harass you for a payment. I can understand being 30 days late and being harassed but some of us don't get paid on the day the payment is due. Nothing like being harassed while at work. Don't get this card, ever.